    Why does the cursor default to the bottom of the message when I hit
    "reply"? Can I change this and if so how?

    thanks
    Bob, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Bob wrote:
    > Why does the cursor default to the bottom of the message when I hit
    > "reply"? Can I change this and if so how?
    >
    > thanks

    What ap are you asking about, Thunderbird or the Mozilla Application Suite?

    In TB, Tools>>Account Settings>>(account)>>Composition and Addressing

    Check the box for Automatically quote the message....

    In the drop down under it, select start my reply above the quote, if you
    prefer.

    This can be changed on an account by account basis, so news accounts,
    where most prefer bottom posting, such as this one, you can set it to
    bottom post, and for mail accounts, where top posting may be desired, it
    can be so set.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:54:03 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Bob wrote:
    >> Why does the cursor default to the bottom of the message when I hit
    >> "reply"? Can I change this and if so how?
    >>
    >> thanks

    >What ap are you asking about, Thunderbird or the Mozilla Application Suite?
    >
    >In TB, Tools>>Account Settings>>(account)>>Composition and Addressing
    >
    >Check the box for Automatically quote the message....
    >
    >In the drop down under it, select start my reply above the quote, if you
    >prefer.
    >
    >This can be changed on an account by account basis, so news accounts,
    >where most prefer bottom posting, such as this one, you can set it to
    >bottom post, and for mail accounts, where top posting may be desired, it
    >can be so set.
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks Lee !!
    Bob, Feb 25, 2005