Default control values in 70-316 exam

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by bogdip, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. bogdip

    bogdip Guest

    Hi to all,

    I have the following urgent question:

    Tomorrow I'll take the 70-316 exam but I still have one major question. I
    used the uCertify prepkit to prepare myself.
    For example if the question ask me to select the correct statements for
    adding a new ListBox control to the form, the correct answer according to
    uCertify is:

    "myForm.Controls.Add(myNewListBox);
    newListBox.Visible = true;"

    Initially I selected just the first line of code
    ("myForm.Controls.Add(myNewListBox)") because I knew that the Visible
    property of a System.Windows.Forms.Control is TRUE by default and has not to
    be explicitly set to true.
    So my answer, according to uCertify is wrong.

    Another similar situation was when I had to set the Text property of a Label
    to "&Select Settings" and the UseMnemonic of the Label to TRUE despite the
    fact that Label.UseMnemonic is set to true by default when creating the label.

    So, please, if anyone had experienced this problem or passed the 70-316 exam
    already tell me if in the real Microsoft exam I have to select all the
    control settings regardless of their initial setting values.

    A quick response (meaning by tomorrow at noon) will be of great help to me !

    Thanks very much!
    bogdip, Jul 3, 2006

  2. bogdip

    Cerebrus Guest

    bogdip wrote:
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > I have the following urgent question:
    >
    > Tomorrow I'll take the 70-316 exam but I still have one major question. I
    > used the uCertify prepkit to prepare myself.
    > For example if the question ask me to select the correct statements for
    > adding a new ListBox control to the form, the correct answer according to
    > uCertify is:
    >
    > "myForm.Controls.Add(myNewListBox);
    > newListBox.Visible = true;"
    >
    > Initially I selected just the first line of code
    > ("myForm.Controls.Add(myNewListBox)") because I knew that the Visible
    > property of a System.Windows.Forms.Control is TRUE by default and has not to
    > be explicitly set to true.
    > So my answer, according to uCertify is wrong.
    >
    > Another similar situation was when I had to set the Text property of a Label
    > to "&Select Settings" and the UseMnemonic of the Label to TRUE despite the
    > fact that Label.UseMnemonic is set to true by default when creating the label.
    >
    > So, please, if anyone had experienced this problem or passed the 70-316 exam
    > already tell me if in the real Microsoft exam I have to select all the
    > control settings regardless of their initial setting values.
    >
    > A quick response (meaning by tomorrow at noon) will be of great help to me !
    >
    > Thanks very much!

    Well, by this time you're probably already giving the exam, but still
    here's my opinion.

    I haven't used UCertify, but I usually trust my knowledge and
    experience, more than any practice test answers. As for your questions,
    I think you are right on both counts, and I don't think you would need
    to be explicit about setting default values. What you don't do
    practically, you don't need to do on the exam.

    On the exams, in any case, it's hard to tell which questions you got
    right and which you didn't.

    Just my 2c,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Jul 4, 2006

  3. bogdip

    bogdip Guest

    Thanks anyway,
    I passed yesterday the M70-316 exam. I was lucky that I did not have to
    think about this issue answering Microsoft's exam question.

    I can say that uCertify is a good tool to prepare for such an exam.

    Good luck to all of you!

    bogdip, Jul 5, 2006