    All help gratefully received.
    Helen W

    , Jul 2, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > We have BT broadband and, since it was installed, every time I click
    > on an HTML link, it opens in BT Yahoo browser. I would prefer the
    > links to open with IE (yes I know!!) but even though I have set IE as
    > my default browser, BTYahoo is the one that keeps popping up. I am a
    > member of a few Yahoo groups and I'm wondering if I uninstall
    > BTYahoo, will it affect my membership and usage of these groups. All
    > help gratefully received.

    What is a BT Yahoo browser?

    Chances are very good that your use of the BT broadband installation
    software has merely *branded* Internet Explorer to place their name on
    the title bar of the browser window. Either that, or they installed a
    modified copy of IE on your computer. "Branding" IE/OE is a popular
    annoyance by many ISPs.

    Remove the branding:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm
    http://help.expedient.com/browsers/removebranding.shtml
    and others found via a Google search.

    Consider using modern, secure browsers and email clients instead.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 2, 2007