    installation: Adminsitrator, Guest, HelpAssistant and Support.

    Thanks.

    Steve
    Steve, Mar 26, 2009

  2. Steve

    Will Clark Guest

    Hi Steve

    XP creates four "Built-in" user accounts by default, plus any users you
    created during setup.

    - Administrator (You can guess what this one does)

    - Guest (Disabled by default and should only be enabled when you need it to
    be)

    - Help Assistant (You can't log in, using this account. It's used for
    authenticating users who connect to your machine using Remote Assistance)

    - SUPPORT_xxxxxxxx (You can't log in using this either. It's "used by
    Microsoft when providing remote support through the Help And Support Service
    account"

    I'd like someone to elaborate on the last one, though...

    Cheers,

    - Will

    Will Clark, May 21, 2009