    fix it.

    Any ideas?

    K.

    Kouros, Jun 12, 2005

    Pascal Chevrel, Jun 12, 2005

  3. Kouros

    Moz Champion Guest

    Kouros wrote:
    > Ok, hands up... I should not download Alpha Releases. I don't know what
    > I'm doing and it always ends in tears.
    >
    > Regardless, I downloaded Deer Park, just to have a look. But when I try
    > to revert back to Firefox all menu links, buttons etc. are text based.
    >
    > Furthermore all drop down menus are pitch black - I'm unable to select
    > anything! I've tried poking around (again, slapped wrists) but I can't
    > fix it.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > K.

    Did you use another profile when using the ALPHA version?

    An ALPHA version is pre-beta

    Mozilla is open source, so everyone has access to all versions
    Alpha versions (commercial developement) never see public release, they
    are only for developers
    Even most beta versions (which are simply alpha versions with the major
    bugs fixed) arent released to a wide audience

    One should expect to experience problems with alpha versions.

    If you are going to switch back and forth between versions (especially
    an alpha one!) then you should utilize a seperate profile for such

    Moz Champion, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Kouros

    Kouros Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Kouros wrote:

    <snip original query>

    > Did you use another profile when using the ALPHA version?
    >
    > An ALPHA version is pre-beta
    >
    > Mozilla is open source, so everyone has access to all versions
    > Alpha versions (commercial developement) never see public release, they
    > are only for developers
    > Even most beta versions (which are simply alpha versions with the major
    > bugs fixed) arent released to a wide audience
    >
    > One should expect to experience problems with alpha versions.
    >
    > If you are going to switch back and forth between versions (especially
    > an alpha one!) then you should utilize a seperate profile for such

    Yeah, I was stoopid, I know.

    But temptation is a dangerous companion, and he walks with me every day.

    Kouros, Jun 14, 2005