    browsed normally I would just open the page in one IE/firefox then minimise
    it while I browsed normally with another open IE/firefox.
    I hope I have explained this well enough!!
    sue, Mar 28, 2005

  2. sue

    °Mike° Guest

    A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
    having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
    desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
    any more than separate, minimized windows would do.

    In <424871ae$0$12821$>,
    sue took 12 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 28, 2005

  3. sue

    sue Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
    > having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
    > desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
    > any more than separate, minimized windows would do.

    I don`t mean that I want multiple browsers open, ........just 2.
    What I used to do is browse normally with one copy of a browser while I can
    keep checking the details on a page on the other browser.
    I may have got this wrong(!) but I thought having 8 tabs opne in deepnet
    explorer would take up the same bandwidth as 8 explorers ???
    sue, Mar 28, 2005
  4. sue

    °Mike° Guest

    In <42487889$0$12809$>,
    sue took 15 lines to utter:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
    >> having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
    >> desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
    >> any more than separate, minimized windows would do.
    >>

    > I don`t mean that I want multiple browsers open, ........just 2.
    > What I used to do is browse normally with one copy of a browser while I can
    >keep checking the details on a page on the other browser.
    > I may have got this wrong(!) but I thought having 8 tabs opne in deepnet
    >explorer would take up the same bandwidth as 8 explorers ???

    You don't seem to be able to grasp the idea of a tabbed
    browser. It is simply a way of keeping multiple pages
    open in ONE window. There is nothing more to it.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 29, 2005