DeepDiscountDVD is a rip-off

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by NLM, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. NLM

    NLM Guest

    I have been a customer of DeepDiscount for YEARS! Until now!

    I have never had to use their customer service, or shall I say lack of
    one? I received an email of their latest sale, all DVDs at 20% off.
    So I hurriedly go and order a couple of DVDs I have been wanting and
    press SUBMIT and THEN I notice there was no 20% off!

    I go back and read my email and you have to enter SUPERSALE in the
    promotion code! Now if ALL their DVDs were 20% off why not just deduct
    that off my order when I check out? What a horrible trick.

    So I go to the Contact Us and of COURSE you cannot call them, oh no!
    You are limited by the lame email method of non-existent customer
    service of Internet companies these days. I email them and the msg says
    I should receive a reply in 12-48 hrs. Do I? NOOOOOOOO.

    So I change the pick on the pull down to Cancel my Order and email them
    again.....this is a email form on THEIR Internet site, it in no way goes
    thru MY email server or uses MY email client. I send the 2nd email. Then
    I get a REJECTED msg. It says:

    This is the Postfix program at host stuff.vcommerce.com.

    The Postfix program

    <>: host mail.deepdiscount.com[130.94.28.189] said: 550
    5.7.1 <nmickleberry@****blanked out on purpose by me******>...
    Access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM
    command)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; stuff.vcommerce.com
    Arrival-Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:25:35 -0700 (MST)

    Final-Recipient: rfc822;
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.deepdiscount.com[130.94.28.189]
    said: 550
    5.7.1 <nmickleberry@***************>... Access denied (in reply to
    MAIL FROM
    command)

    So I send again....I ended up emailing them at least 5 times and get 5
    rejected email msgs. They are intentionally rejecting my emails AFTER
    they read them, I just know it. All over a measly 4 bucks! Well , in the
    mean time my order has processed and shipped. So when it comes I am
    going to refuse to accept it, and I am going to dispute the charge on my
    credit card.

    Beware anyone doing business from DeepDiscount. Its OK until you need
    customer service. If you ever do beware, there is NONE.

    Nancy
    NLM, Jun 8, 2007

  2. NLM

    Vitamin R Guest

    "NLM" <> wrote in message
    >I have been a customer of DeepDiscount for YEARS! Until now!
    >
    > I have never had to use their customer service, or shall I say lack of
    > one? I received an email of their latest sale, all DVDs at 20% off.
    > So I hurriedly go and order a couple of DVDs I have been wanting and press
    > SUBMIT and THEN I notice there was no 20% off!
    >
    > I go back and read my email and you have to enter SUPERSALE in the
    > promotion code! Now if ALL their DVDs were 20% off why not just deduct
    > that off my order when I check out? What a horrible trick.

    So in other words, you are fucking stupid. Why didn't you just say that?
    Have you ever ordered anything off the internet before?
    Vitamin R, Jun 8, 2007

  3. NLM

    JackShephard Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:27:27 -0400, NLM <> wrote:

    >I have been a customer of DeepDiscount for YEARS! Until now!

    I no longer use them.

    >I have never had to use their customer service, or shall I say lack of
    >one?

    Whatever.

    > I received an email of their latest sale, all DVDs at 20% off.
    >So I hurriedly go and order a couple of DVDs I have been wanting and
    >press SUBMIT and THEN I notice there was no 20% off!
    >
    >I go back and read my email and you have to enter SUPERSALE in the
    >promotion code! Now if ALL their DVDs were 20% off why not just deduct
    >that off my order when I check out? What a horrible trick.

    You are horribly lost if you cannot purchase things online and follow
    ALL directions.

    >So I go to the Contact Us and of COURSE you cannot call them, oh no!

    Bullshit. I called them, and spoke to one of the "big guys". My
    problem got solved, but I still have not ordered anything since that last
    debacle.

    >You are limited by the lame email method of non-existent customer
    >service of Internet companies these days.

    Not true. They had several contact methods only two months ago.

    > I email them and the msg says
    >I should receive a reply in 12-48 hrs. Do I? NOOOOOOOO.

    Did you read the entire message? ISTR that is said SHOULD.

    >So I change the pick on the pull down to Cancel my Order and email them
    >again.....this is a email form on THEIR Internet site, it in no way goes
    >thru MY email server or uses MY email client. I send the 2nd email. Then
    >I get a REJECTED msg. It says:

    >This is the Postfix program at host stuff.vcommerce.com.
    >
    >I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    >be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
    >
    >For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>
    >
    >If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    >delete your own text from the attached returned message.
    >
    > The Postfix program

    Whatever

    SNIP!
    JackShephard, Jun 9, 2007
  4. NLM

    Justin Guest

    NLM wrote on [Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:27:27 -0400]:
    > I have been a customer of DeepDiscount for YEARS! Until now!

    That's a lie.

    > I have never had to use their customer service, or shall I say lack of
    > one? I received an email of their latest sale, all DVDs at 20% off.
    > So I hurriedly go and order a couple of DVDs I have been wanting and
    > press SUBMIT and THEN I notice there was no 20% off!

    If you have been a customer for years you would know that you need to
    use a coupon to get the discount.

    > I go back and read my email and you have to enter SUPERSALE in the
    > promotion code! Now if ALL their DVDs were 20% off why not just deduct
    > that off my order when I check out? What a horrible trick.

    That's how they ALWAYS do it. And HAVE done so, for YEARS

    > Beware anyone doing business from DeepDiscount. Its OK until you need
    > customer service. If you ever do beware, there is NONE.

    That's a lie.

    Just place "refused" on the box that arrives and send it back. No harm,
    no foul.
    Justin, Jun 9, 2007
  5. NLM

    Telstar Guest

    "Vitamin R" <> wrote in message

    > "NLM" <> wrote in message
    >>I have been a customer of DeepDiscount for YEARS! Until now!
    >>
    >> I have never had to use their customer service, or shall I say lack of
    >> one? I received an email of their latest sale, all DVDs at 20% off.
    >> So I hurriedly go and order a couple of DVDs I have been wanting and
    >> press SUBMIT and THEN I notice there was no 20% off!
    >>
    >> I go back and read my email and you have to enter SUPERSALE in the
    >> promotion code! Now if ALL their DVDs were 20% off why not just deduct
    >> that off my order when I check out? What a horrible trick.

    > So in other words, you are fucking stupid. Why didn't you just say that?
    > Have you ever ordered anything off the internet before?

    Idiot Vitamin.
    Telstar, Jun 9, 2007