DeepDiscountDVD Cart Page problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by MikeXP, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. MikeXP

    MikeXP Guest

    MikeXP, Dec 5, 2003

  2. "MikeXP" <> wrote in message
    news:yGSzb.2196$...
    > anybody else having errors on DDD shopping carts page?
    >
    > http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/cart.cfm
    >
    > I need to order some DVD's by Friday.
    >
    > Thank You

    There are 5 20% off codes for DDD. Works really good for buying DVDs under
    $10. :) I think they expire tomorrow though.

    USATODAY
    DVDTALK
    DVDSALE
    KLSX
    WCKG

    Michael Walker, Dec 5, 2003

  3. MikeXP

    MikeXP Guest

    I am aware of the codes that is why I am trying to access the shopping cart
    page. Can you acess the page without an error? They do expire on the 5th of
    Dec.

    MikeXP, Dec 5, 2003
  4. MikeXP

    MikeXP, Dec 5, 2003
  5. MikeXP

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <GXSzb.2274$>, MikeXP <>
    wrote:

    > I am aware of the codes that is why I am trying to access the shopping cart
    > page. Can you acess the page without an error? They do expire on the 5th of
    > Dec.

    Well, I can access MY shopping cart. I can't get to yours without your
    password :) Have you tried logging in first?

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 5, 2003
  6. MikeXP

    Larry B Guest

    > "MikeXP" <> wrote in message
    > > anybody else having errors on DDD shopping carts page?
    > >
    > > http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/cart.cfm
    > >
    > > I need to order some DVD's by Friday.
    > >
    > > Thank You

    > There are 5 20% off codes for DDD. Works really good for buying DVDs

    under
    > $10. :) I think they expire tomorrow though.
    >
    > USATODAY
    > DVDTALK
    > DVDSALE
    > KLSX
    > WCKG

    Hi Michael, out of curiosity, how did you find out all the codes?? I
    got 3 from an earlier thread and found nothing else on the web or on
    the DDD site??

    Thanks, LarryB

    Larry B, Dec 5, 2003
  7. MikeXP

    Larry B Guest

    "MikeXP" <> wrote in message
    > I am aware of the codes that is why I am trying to access the

    shopping cart
    > page. Can you acess the page without an error? They do expire on the

    5th of
    > Dec.
    >

    > "MikeXP" <> wrote in message
    > > anybody else having errors on DDD shopping carts page?
    > >
    > > http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/cart.cfm
    > >
    > > I need to order some DVD's by Friday.
    > >
    > > Thank You

    Hi Mike, I can access the site just fine, too. The pages do seem to
    load very slowly, though.

    Each discount code can only be used once.

    I did a price search on Pricegrabber for a DVD (DDD is one of the
    vendors polled). The price there was lower than the one on the DDD
    website and when I clicked on the link, DDD opened up with the lower
    price. Then, I added the discount code and viola, cheap!! The DVD, in
    this case was Pirates of the Caribbean. Got it for $15.48.

    Good luck, LarryB

    Larry B, Dec 5, 2003
  8. MikeXP

    Justin Guest

    Larry B wrote on [Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:17:04 GMT]:

    > "Michael Walker" <> wrote in message
    >> "MikeXP" <> wrote in message
    >> > anybody else having errors on DDD shopping carts page?
    >> >
    >> > http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/cart.cfm
    >> >
    >> > I need to order some DVD's by Friday.
    >> >
    >> > Thank You

    >> There are 5 20% off codes for DDD. Works really good for buying DVDs

    > under
    >> $10. :) I think they expire tomorrow though.
    >>
    >> USATODAY
    >> DVDTALK
    >> DVDSALE
    >> KLSX
    >> WCKG
    >>

    > Hi Michael, out of curiosity, how did you find out all the codes?? I
    > got 3 from an earlier thread and found nothing else on the web or on
    > the DDD site??

    why the hell do you expect the DDD site to list coupon codes???

    checkout www.dvdtalk.com/forum

    Justin, Dec 5, 2003
  9. MikeXP

    Larry B Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Larry B wrote on [Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:17:04 GMT]:
    > >
    > > "Michael Walker" <> wrote in message
    > >> "MikeXP" <> wrote in message

    > >> There are 5 20% off codes for DDD. Works really good for buying

    DVDs
    > > under
    > >> $10. :) I think they expire tomorrow though.
    > >>
    > >> USATODAY
    > >> DVDTALK
    > >> DVDSALE
    > >> KLSX
    > >> WCKG
    > >>

    > > Hi Michael, out of curiosity, how did you find out all the codes??

    > > got 3 from an earlier thread and found nothing else on the web or

    on
    > > the DDD site??
    > >

    > why the hell do you expect the DDD site to list coupon codes???
    >
    > checkout www.dvdtalk.com/forum

    Some sites do that to promote themselves and as a convenience to their
    customers. These promotions are not mean to be a secret, they are
    meant to genereate biz. Office Depot, for one, lists their at the
    checkout .

    Larry B, Dec 5, 2003
  10. > Hi Michael, out of curiosity, how did you find out all the codes?? I
    > got 3 from an earlier thread and found nothing else on the web or on
    > the DDD site??
    >
    > Thanks, LarryB

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/ -> Forum -> DVD Bargains

    I can get to my shopping cart page.

    Michael Walker, Dec 5, 2003
  11. MikeXP

    Larry B Guest

    > > Hi Michael, out of curiosity, how did you find out all the codes??

    > > got 3 from an earlier thread and found nothing else on the web or

    on
    > > the DDD site??
    > >
    > > Thanks, LarryB

    > http://www.dvdtalk.com/ -> Forum -> DVD Bargains
    >
    > I can get to my shopping cart page.

    Thanks and welcome back to the fold.

    Larry B, Dec 5, 2003
  12. MikeXP

    Shinner Guest

    "Larry B" <> wrote in news:eek:gUzb.29079$sb4.25060
    @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > Some sites do that to promote themselves and as a convenience to their
    > customers. These promotions are not mean to be a secret, they are
    > meant to genereate biz. Office Depot, for one, lists their at the
    > checkout .

    If they're going to do that, they might as well just have a 20% off sale
    and not require a coupon or code.

    Shinner, Dec 5, 2003
  13. MikeXP

    Larry B Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "Larry B" <> wrote in

    > @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    >
    > > Some sites do that to promote themselves and as a convenience to

    their
    > > customers. These promotions are not mean to be a secret, they are
    > > meant to genereate biz. Office Depot, for one, lists their at the
    > > checkout .

    > If they're going to do that, they might as well just have a 20% off

    sale
    > and not require a coupon or code.

    I didn't say that it made sense.

    Larry B, Dec 5, 2003
  14. MikeXP

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <w32Ab.148$>, Larry B
    <> wrote:

    > "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > > "Larry B" <> wrote in

    > > @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    > >
    > > > Some sites do that to promote themselves and as a convenience to

    > their
    > > > customers. These promotions are not mean to be a secret, they are
    > > > meant to genereate biz. Office Depot, for one, lists their at the
    > > > checkout .

    > > If they're going to do that, they might as well just have a 20% off

    > sale
    > > and not require a coupon or code.
    > >

    > I didn't say that it made sense.

    Sure it does. The online store most likely doesn't have a built in way
    to give such a discount automaticly: it's not like a real store where
    the cash register can be reprogramed easily, or the cashier can hit the
    '20% off' button. However, they have the ability to offer store wide
    discounts via coupons. So, instead of calling in a programer to re-work
    the store they just issue a non-secret coupon. Simple.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 5, 2003
  15. MikeXP

    MikeXP Guest

    Thanks to all who responded to the "shopping cart" access problem I had.
    Turns out that my Cookie for DDD was bad/corrupted. It took my about an hour
    to figure it out since the cart.cfm page was giving a programming error
    (thought it was DDD issue) I am glad I wrote those titles down so I can
    re-do the shopping cart. Now I can order before my 20% expires.

    MikeXP, Dec 6, 2003
  16. MikeXP

    Codswallop Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:25:45 GMT, Invid Fan wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > ...they have the ability to offer store wide discounts via coupons.
    > So, instead of calling in a programer to re-work the store they just
    > issue a non-secret coupon. Simple.

    And what about people who forget (or didn't know) about the discount
    coupons? They (the store) gets more money from them... ;)

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)

    Codswallop, Dec 6, 2003
  17. MikeXP

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 12/5/03 7:31 PM, in article Xns94497F6CC8044codswallopcom@211.29.133.50,
    "Codswallop" <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:25:45 GMT, Invid Fan wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >> ...they have the ability to offer store wide discounts via coupons.
    >> So, instead of calling in a programer to re-work the store they just
    >> issue a non-secret coupon. Simple.

    > And what about people who forget (or didn't know) about the discount
    > coupons? They (the store) gets more money from them... ;)

    Oh, hell...I knew I shouldn't have waited til the last minute. Where the
    hell do you enter the damn code????

    I haven't seen anyplace to enter the code and I'm all the way to the final
    screen with the button that says 'place order'.

    HELP!

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Dec 6, 2003
  18. MikeXP

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 12/5/03 11:47 PM, in article BBF6C9A7.1126%,
    "Video Flyer" <> wrote:

    > Oh, hell...I knew I shouldn't have waited til the last minute. Where the
    > hell do you enter the damn code????
    >
    > I haven't seen anyplace to enter the code and I'm all the way to the final
    > screen with the button that says 'place order'.
    >
    > HELP!
    >
    > Neal

    Oh, blast.

    Well, I sent an email to them, as well, telling them that I wanted to enter
    the coupon code but there was no opportunity to do so. So both that message
    and the order itself will be time-stamped before midnight.

    I wonder what my chances are that they'll apply the 20% off for me?

    I have GOT to get around to joining that procrastinator's support group.

    *sigh*

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Dec 6, 2003
  19. MikeXP

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <BBF6C9A7.1126%> in
    alt.video.dvd, Video Flyer <> wrote:
    >Oh, hell...I knew I shouldn't have waited til the last minute. Where the
    >hell do you enter the damn code????
    >
    >I haven't seen anyplace to enter the code and I'm all the way to the final
    >screen with the button that says 'place order'.

    This is what I was complaining about at the start of the week. Their
    help screen says you get an opportunity to enter it after selecting
    shipping method, but in fact when I do that I just get an identical
    order screen.

    I spent quite a long time last weekend before I finally gave up. In
    a way I'm grateful -- I was seduced by the "20% off" into buy^H^H^H
    trying to buy discs I don't really need, so this way I save the
    money.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Dec 6, 2003
  20. MikeXP

    Invid Fan Guest

    <> wrote:

    > On 12/5/03 7:31 PM, in article Xns94497F6CC8044codswallopcom@211.29.133.50,
    > "Codswallop" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:25:45 GMT, Invid Fan wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >
    > >> ...they have the ability to offer store wide discounts via coupons.
    > >> So, instead of calling in a programer to re-work the store they just
    > >> issue a non-secret coupon. Simple.

    > > And what about people who forget (or didn't know) about the discount
    > > coupons? They (the store) gets more money from them... ;)

    > Oh, hell...I knew I shouldn't have waited til the last minute. Where the
    > hell do you enter the damn code????
    >
    > I haven't seen anyplace to enter the code and I'm all the way to the final
    > screen with the button that says 'place order'.

    It's on your shopping cart page, at the bottom. After you enter and
    submit the code, you can keep shopping and the discount will be applied
    to the new items you add.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 6, 2003