    folders and not the entire partition. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.
    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. JDL Guest

    > Does anyone know of a different program that can freeze individual
    > folders and not the entire partition.

    Zip the folder to "freeze" it. When wanting to "restore" it later, delete it and unzip it again.
    JDL, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    I appreciate your suggestion, but perhaps I should've been more
    detailed in my query. I also need to prevent the deletion of whatever
    folder it is that I am "freezing." I installed a security monitoring
    program on my employees' computers to track how they are spending their
    time on the internet. Unfortunately, they have found a way to bypass
    or delete the program. I imagine that there is no such program out
    there that is fail safe in this regard. No matter how good the
    program, someone will probably find a way around it. So what I am
    looking to do is to "freeze" the folder that it is installed to so that
    no matter what they do it'll come back upon reboot. Any further help
    you or anyone else might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
    , Feb 17, 2006
  4. donnie Guest

    On 16 Feb 2006 16:03:05 -0800, wrote:

    >I appreciate your suggestion, but perhaps I should've been more
    >detailed in my query. I also need to prevent the deletion of whatever
    >folder it is that I am "freezing." I installed a security monitoring
    >program on my employees' computers to track how they are spending their
    >time on the internet. Unfortunately, they have found a way to bypass
    >or delete the program. I imagine that there is no such program out
    >there that is fail safe in this regard. No matter how good the
    >program, someone will probably find a way around it. So what I am
    >looking to do is to "freeze" the folder that it is installed to so that
    >no matter what they do it'll come back upon reboot. Any further help
    >you or anyone else might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

    Someone in the forum at minasi.com recommened spector pro as a good
    monitoring progam. I can't say if it's good or not.
    What about the attrib +h command? Wouldn't that hide the program?
    What program did you use and why were they able to see it?
    Besided all that, is it really necessary to monitor the workers? If
    you have a good crew, give them a break.
    donnie, Feb 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    Simil Deep Freeze

    Hello Soca....maybe this can help you......there is a program called
    "Clean Slate" (http://www.fortresgrand.com/) that will do the job
    you're looking for...

    Russo
    , Feb 17, 2006