deep discount dvd 20% off??

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by dbf, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. dbf

    dbf Guest

    I read this was happening again, but didn't see it on their site....am i
    missing something (or did it already happen??)
    dbf, Nov 14, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. dbf

    Justin Guest

    dbf wrote on [Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:23:33 +0100]:
    > I read this was happening again, but didn't see it on their site....am i
    > missing something (or did it already happen??)


    It's happening. It's never listed on their site.

    use the coupon code
    supersale
    dvdtalk
    pricesearch
    usatoday
    Justin, Nov 14, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. dbf

    Bratboy Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    news:2go.com...
    > dbf wrote on [Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:23:33 +0100]:
    >> I read this was happening again, but didn't see it on their site....am i
    >> missing something (or did it already happen??)

    >
    > It's happening. It's never listed on their site.
    >
    > use the coupon code
    > supersale
    > dvdtalk
    > pricesearch
    > usatoday
    >


    How often do they run this special? My wallets $200 lighter now but got a
    nice mix of stuff worth approx $400. Unfortunatly one item doesnt release
    till next month so no discount on that one which is why wondered how often
    they run it.
    Bratboy, Nov 15, 2005
    #3
  4. dbf

    Justin Guest

    Bratboy wrote on [Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:09:23 -0700]:
    >
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > news:2go.com...
    >> dbf wrote on [Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:23:33 +0100]:
    >>> I read this was happening again, but didn't see it on their site....am i
    >>> missing something (or did it already happen??)

    >>
    >> It's happening. It's never listed on their site.
    >>
    >> use the coupon code
    >> supersale
    >> dvdtalk
    >> pricesearch
    >> usatoday
    >>

    >
    > How often do they run this special? My wallets $200 lighter now but got a
    > nice mix of stuff worth approx $400. Unfortunatly one item doesnt release
    > till next month so no discount on that one which is why wondered how often
    > they run it.


    Twice a year for the past couple of years, June/July and November.
    Justin, Nov 15, 2005
    #4
  5. dbf

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    news:437a163f$0$5687$...
    > How often do they run this special? My wallets $200 lighter now but
    > got a nice mix of stuff worth approx $400. Unfortunatly one item
    > doesnt release till next month so no discount on that one which is why
    > wondered how often they run it.


    It's once a year, always around this time.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 16, 2005
    #5
  6. dbf

    Dan Guest

    Dan, Nov 16, 2005
    #6
  7. dbf

    Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > > It's once a year, always around this time.

    >
    > Twice a year, they have it in the summer, too.
    >
    > --
    > Dan
    > http://www.dango727.com
    > http://www.metromojo.com - Are You Local?


    Only problem with their discount these days is that over the last year
    and a half the local and national chain stores that deal in DVD titles
    have dropped prices so much so fast that I have long since spent the
    money I would normally use to buy dvds on their site with (especially
    around discount time)!
    Heck to give just a couple of examples a Supermarket (of all places)
    ran a 5 for $20.00 sale a couple of weeks ago at which time I picked up
    ten quality titles such as (for example) DUEL,The
    Hustler,Twister,Fletch,THX-1138 for just $32.00 (as I used an $8.00 off
    a $50.00 purchase store coupon on top of the sale).
    Also there is a local music store chain that now deals bigtime in DVD
    titles and which every 3 to 5 weeks puts out around three dozen (more
    or less) specially discounted titles at prices which range from $6.99
    to 9.99, and on top of that they also give these mail in rebates of
    either $3.00 or $5.00 on each title (heck last week I got Scrooged and
    E.Murphy's RAW for $4.99 each after rebate, and three weeks earlier I
    got all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies for $1.99 each).
    , Nov 16, 2005
    #7
  8. dbf

    Jay G. Guest

    On 16 Nov 2005 05:51:52 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > Only problem with their discount these days is that over the last year
    > and a half the local and national chain stores that deal in DVD titles
    > have dropped prices so much so fast that I have long since spent the
    > money I would normally use to buy dvds on their site with (especially
    > around discount time)!
    > Heck to give just a couple of examples a Supermarket (of all places)
    > ran a 5 for $20.00 sale a couple of weeks ago at which time I picked up
    > ten quality titles such as (for example) DUEL,The
    > Hustler,Twister,Fletch,THX-1138 for just $32.00 (as I used an $8.00 off
    > a $50.00 purchase store coupon on top of the sale).
    > Also there is a local music store chain that now deals bigtime in DVD
    > titles and which every 3 to 5 weeks puts out around three dozen (more
    > or less) specially discounted titles at prices which range from $6.99
    > to 9.99, and on top of that they also give these mail in rebates of
    > either $3.00 or $5.00 on each title (heck last week I got Scrooged and
    > E.Murphy's RAW for $4.99 each after rebate, and three weeks earlier I
    > got all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies for $1.99 each).


    Is there some reason you didn't name the stores in question?

    -Jay
    Jay G., Nov 17, 2005
    #8
  9. dbf

    Jim Reid Guest

    >>Heck to give just a couple of examples a Supermarket (of all places)
    ran a 5 for $20.00 sale a couple of weeks ago at which time I picked up

    ten quality titles such as (for example) DUEL,The
    Hustler,Twister,Fletch,THX-1138 for just $32.00 (as I used an $8.00 off

    a $50.00 purchase store coupon on top of the sale).
    Also there is a local music store chain that now deals bigtime in DVD
    titles and which every 3 to 5 weeks puts out around three dozen (more
    or less) specially discounted titles at prices which range from $6.99
    to 9.99, and on top of that they also give these mail in rebates of
    either $3.00 or $5.00 on each title (heck last week I got Scrooged and
    E.Murphy's RAW for $4.99 each after rebate, and three weeks earlier I
    got all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies for $1.99 each).<<

    But what if I want a title that's been released in this cenutry?
    Jim Reid, Nov 17, 2005
    #9
  10. dbf

    Guest

    No reason,the Supermarket is called Shoprite and the music store goes
    by the name Strawberries.

    Just using them as a couple of examples and I didn't think anyone would
    be interested with the names?
    , Nov 17, 2005
    #10
  11. dbf

    Justin Guest

    wrote on [17 Nov 2005 15:50:18 -0800]:
    > No reason,the Supermarket is called Shoprite and the music store goes
    > by the name Strawberries.
    >
    > Just using them as a couple of examples and I didn't think anyone would
    > be interested with the names?


    People want to be able to verify these statements.
    Justin, Nov 17, 2005
    #11
  12. dbf

    Guest

    Hey Jim I never claimed it was where I got all my stuff from.In fact
    all I said was that I had already spent MY monthly mad money in these
    and many other stores long before Deep Discounts 20% sale comes around!

    BTW Jim as for buying titles from this century I feel that it is
    becoming less and less of a problem! Heck man look at what they had to
    offer us this year in the way of movie and TV fare...Man if I had to
    depended on that diet to sustain me I would have starved to death
    months ago!!!
    , Nov 18, 2005
    #12
  13. dbf

    Guest

    Jim Reid wrote:
    > >>Heck to give just a couple of examples a Supermarket (of all places)

    > ran a 5 for $20.00 sale a couple of weeks ago at which time I picked up
    >
    > ten quality titles such as (for example) DUEL,The
    > Hustler,Twister,Fletch,THX-1138 for just $32.00 (as I used an $8.00 off
    >
    > a $50.00 purchase store coupon on top of the sale).
    > Also there is a local music store chain that now deals bigtime in DVD
    > titles and which every 3 to 5 weeks puts out around three dozen (more
    > or less) specially discounted titles at prices which range from $6.99
    > to 9.99, and on top of that they also give these mail in rebates of
    > either $3.00 or $5.00 on each title (heck last week I got Scrooged and
    > E.Murphy's RAW for $4.99 each after rebate, and three weeks earlier I
    > got all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies for $1.99 each).<<
    >
    > But what if I want a title that's been released in this cenutry?


    To follow up on my follow up Jim I just got a Shoprite store flyer in
    the mail this morning and next week they are having a $4.99 per dvd
    title sale from the FOX studio.

    A short list of titles they listed as examples in the ad says that
    available titles are... Taxi(the movie) Sideways (which premiered on
    HBO this month) Cheaper by the Dozen(Steve Martin) Napoleon
    Dynamite...and many more titles available.

    So recent titles are available on the cheap, if that is you are willing
    to wait a few months or a year for them to come down into this price
    range (which I can do since I have HBO and a very good DVD recorder and
    a lot of older dvd titles I want to get that have already fallen into
    my price range)!

    BTW just to set the record straight I am not against paying top dollar
    for DVD titles that are worth Top Dollar (like Star Wars-3 for
    example). What I am against is paying$10.00 or $15.00 or $20.00 or more
    for titles that are clearly not worth more than $6.99 or less!
    , Nov 18, 2005
    #13
  14. dbf

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:53:10 GMT, Justin wrote:

    > wrote on [17 Nov 2005 15:50:18 -0800]:
    >> No reason,the Supermarket is called Shoprite and the music store goes
    >> by the name Strawberries.
    >>
    >> Just using them as a couple of examples and I didn't think anyone would
    >> be interested with the names?

    >
    > People want to be able to verify these statements.


    Not to mention maybe getting in on the deals. Looks like those
    stores are only on the east cost. I'm assuming you live in Connecticut,
    tabernacle, as that's the only state both stores have locations in.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Nov 19, 2005
    #14
  15. dbf

    Jay G. Guest

    On 18 Nov 2005 07:39:46 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > To follow up on my follow up Jim I just got a Shoprite store flyer in
    > the mail this morning and next week they are having a $4.99 per dvd
    > title sale from the FOX studio.
    >
    > A short list of titles they listed as examples in the ad says that
    > available titles are... Taxi(the movie) Sideways (which premiered on
    > HBO this month) Cheaper by the Dozen(Steve Martin) Napoleon
    > Dynamite...and many more titles available.


    Found the flyer online:
    http://www.shoprite.com/weekly/week48/zone3/pages/309.htm

    On top of the $4.99 titles, they're selling Robots for $9.99

    -Jay
    Jay G., Nov 19, 2005
    #15
  16. dbf

    Guest

    Jay G. wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:53:10 GMT, Justin wrote:
    >
    > > wrote on [17 Nov 2005 15:50:18 -0800]:
    > >> No reason,the Supermarket is called Shoprite and the music store goes
    > >> by the name Strawberries.
    > >>
    > >> Just using them as a couple of examples and I didn't think anyone would
    > >> be interested with the names?

    > >
    > > People want to be able to verify these statements.

    >
    > Not to mention maybe getting in on the deals. Looks like those
    > stores are only on the east cost. I'm assuming you live in Connecticut,
    > tabernacle, as that's the only state both stores have locations in.
    >
    > -Jay


    Nope I live in New York but I dock my boat on the Connecticut River and
    on top of that my brother lives in the state, so as a result I spend a
    lot of time there especially during fishing season and the holidays!
    , Nov 19, 2005
    #16
  17. dbf

    Guest

    Jay G. wrote:
    > On 18 Nov 2005 07:39:46 -0800, wrote:
    > >
    > > To follow up on my follow up Jim I just got a Shoprite store flyer in
    > > the mail this morning and next week they are having a $4.99 per dvd
    > > title sale from the FOX studio.
    > >
    > > A short list of titles they listed as examples in the ad says that
    > > available titles are... Taxi(the movie) Sideways (which premiered on
    > > HBO this month) Cheaper by the Dozen(Steve Martin) Napoleon
    > > Dynamite...and many more titles available.

    >
    > Found the flyer online:
    > http://www.shoprite.com/weekly/week48/zone3/pages/309.htm
    >
    > On top of the $4.99 titles, they're selling Robots for $9.99
    >
    > -Jay


    Thats nothing new to me as I see them type of deals in the store flyers
    all the time now!
    , Nov 19, 2005
    #17
  18. dbf

    Guest

    Jay G. wrote:
    > On 18 Nov 2005 07:39:46 -0800, wrote:
    > >
    > > To follow up on my follow up Jim I just got a Shoprite store flyer in
    > > the mail this morning and next week they are having a $4.99 per dvd
    > > title sale from the FOX studio.
    > >
    > > A short list of titles they listed as examples in the ad says that
    > > available titles are... Taxi(the movie) Sideways (which premiered on
    > > HBO this month) Cheaper by the Dozen(Steve Martin) Napoleon
    > > Dynamite...and many more titles available.

    >
    > Found the flyer online:
    > http://www.shoprite.com/weekly/week48/zone3/pages/309.htm
    >
    > On top of the $4.99 titles, they're selling Robots for $9.99
    >
    > -Jay


    Thats nothing new to me as I see them type of deals in the store flyers
    all the time now!
    , Nov 19, 2005
    #18
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. terry king
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    498
    Grand Inquisitor
    Aug 7, 2003
  2. Invid Fan
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    453
    Invid Fan
    Aug 7, 2003
  3. Grand Inquisitor

    Re: DEEP DISCOUNT DVD SUCKS!!!!!!! ROTTEN COMPANY

    Grand Inquisitor, Aug 7, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    487
    Grand Inquisitor
    Aug 7, 2003
  4. Todd Tamanend Clark

    Deep Discount DVD (20% Off Sales?)

    Todd Tamanend Clark, Jul 7, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,864
    Dick Sidbury
    Jul 12, 2004
  5. Jaime M. de Castellvi
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,089
    Jaime M. de Castellvi
    Nov 11, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page