    feels like walking me thru how to hack it for something non-Microsoft.

    Consider this a mid-week challenge ;)

    Pseudo
    Pseudo, Feb 11, 2009

  2. Pseudo

    Pseudo Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:40:25 +1300, oneofus wrote:

    > Its a proper Kindle type device, don't know an NZ source, sorry Hang
    > about, heres one
    >
    > https://www.expansys.co.nz/p.aspx?i=175089

    Cool, thanks for the link.  Now to convince the other half that I really
    do need a new $800 toy, lol.  For some reason I was expecting them to be
    about half that, but never mind.

    In the meantime, the old dead tree technology will do.  At least it costs
    less to replace when you drop it in the bath ;)
    Pseudo, Feb 13, 2009

  3. Pseudo

    oneofus Guest

    Pseudo wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:40:25 +1300, oneofus wrote:
    >
    >> Its a proper Kindle type device, don't know an NZ source, sorry Hang
    >> about, heres one
    >>
    >> https://www.expansys.co.nz/p.aspx?i=175089

    > Cool, thanks for the link. Now to convince the other half that I really
    > do need a new $800 toy, lol. For some reason I was expecting them to be
    > about half that, but never mind.
    >
    > In the meantime, the old dead tree technology will do. At least it costs
    > less to replace when you drop it in the bath ;)

    I'd love an e-ink one myself. I've been using a Palm TX with plucker,
    isilo, mobipocket etc myself for eBooks. I'm sure the e-ink ones will
    come down in price eventually but they are taking their time.
    fbreader on a netbook is another option
    oneofus, Feb 13, 2009