    a PSTN line for local calls???

    Google brings up loads of either SIP or Skype but never both, so I am
    beginning to think its not allowed.
    TheDragon, Feb 18, 2009

  2. TheDragon

    Tim Guest

    TheDragon wrote:
    > As the subject,
    >
    > I have a friend who for some strange reason has lots of Skype buddies (God
    > forbid I thought), I talked him into the VOIP world and the benefits of
    > voipcheap (or similar) and sipgate (or similar) for incoming. He wants to
    > still talk to his Skype buddies too on the phone.
    >
    > Does such a beast exist that can have 2 or more SIP accounts. Skype and have
    > a PSTN line for local calls???

    Gigaset phone (say S685IP) with an M34 USB dongle.

    http://www.home-phones.co.uk/phone-...-connectors/siemens-m34-usb-connector-dongle/

    I reckon. I've never done this in practice, but that is the idea of
    the M34.

    Tim
    Tim, Feb 20, 2009

  3. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > TheDragon wrote:
    >> As the subject,
    >>
    >> I have a friend who for some strange reason has lots of Skype buddies
    >> (God forbid I thought), I talked him into the VOIP world and the benefits
    >> of voipcheap (or similar) and sipgate (or similar) for incoming. He wants
    >> to still talk to his Skype buddies too on the phone.
    >>
    >> Does such a beast exist that can have 2 or more SIP accounts. Skype and
    >> have a PSTN line for local calls???

    > Gigaset phone (say S685IP) with an M34 USB dongle.
    >
    > http://www.home-phones.co.uk/phone-...-connectors/siemens-m34-usb-connector-dongle/
    >
    > I reckon. I've never done this in practice, but that is the idea of the
    > M34.
    >
    > Tim

    Thanks Tim,
    But still needs a PC to get Skype.

    I will keep looking
    TheDragon, Feb 20, 2009
  4. TheDragon

    Tim Guest

    TheDragon wrote:

    > But still needs a PC to get Skype.

    There aren't many devices which will do skype without the PC.

    Tim
    Tim, Feb 20, 2009