    the MPAA to take now is to appeal further up, to the Supreme Court of
    Sweden.

    No word about whether he's being charged for cracking ITunes.
    Modemac, Dec 22, 2003

  2. (Modemac) writes:

    > http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/12/22/dvd.piracy.reut/index.html
    >
    > The appeal of the "not guilty" verdict against Jon Johansen has been
    > rejected, meaning that he is still not guilty. The last choice for
    > the MPAA to take now is to appeal further up, to the Supreme Court of
    > Sweden.

    You mean the Supreme Court of *Norway*. Jon Johansen is a Norwegian
    citizen, and AFAK Sweden has not been involved at all here.

    Norway has not been a part of Sweden for almost 100 years ;-)

    > No word about whether he's being charged for cracking ITunes.

    Thomas
    Thomas Tornblom, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Modemac

    compiled Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:02:35 -0800, Modemac wrote:

    > http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/12/22/dvd.piracy.reut/index.html
    >
    > The appeal of the "not guilty" verdict against Jon Johansen has been
    > rejected, meaning that he is still not guilty. The last choice for
    > the MPAA to take now is to appeal further up, to the Supreme Court of
    > Sweden.
    >
    > No word about whether he's being charged for cracking ITunes.

    I admire that guy. He really has guts.
    --
    Loose bits sink chips.
    compiled, Dec 22, 2003
  4. (Modemac) wrote:

    >http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/12/22/dvd.piracy.reut/index.html
    >
    >The appeal of the "not guilty" verdict against Jon Johansen has been
    >rejected, meaning that he is still not guilty. The last choice for
    >the MPAA to take now is to appeal further up, to the Supreme Court of
    >Sweden.

    The Supreme Court of Sweden has absolutely nothing to do with that
    trial. But maybe can appeal to Supreme Court of Norway.

    Peter
    Peter Rongsted, Dec 22, 2003

    }
    } The appeal of the "not guilty" verdict against Jon Johansen has been
    } rejected, meaning that he is still not guilty. The last choice for
    } the MPAA to take now is to appeal further up, to the Supreme Court of
    } Sweden.
    }
    } No word about whether he's being charged for cracking ITunes.

    That'd require a hostile act on the part of Apple. They're not likely
    to do anything like that right now, because they're trying to wade
    through the terrible bad PR they generated by first telling iPod
    owners "When your battery wears out, buy a new iPod" and then trying
    to say "Oh, forget that, send it to us and we'll replace the battery;
    for NINETY NINE DOLLARS."
    Doktor DynaSoar, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Modemac

    Frode Guest