    via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    But it seems not to work.

    Alex

    Alex Vinokur, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Alex Vinokur said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to decreasing size of jpg file.
    >
    > I tried to do that on Windows-2000
    > via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    > But it seems not to work.
    >
    > Alex

    Try IrfanView, links on my software page.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Alex Vinokur

    gangle Guest

    "Alex Vinokur" wrote
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to decreasing size of jpg file.
    >
    > I tried to do that on Windows-2000
    > via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    > But it seems not to work.

    Irfan
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    gangle, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Alex Vinokur

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:51:23 +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I need to decreasing size of jpg file.
    >
    >I tried to do that on Windows-2000
    >via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    >But it seems not to work.

    That might just be if you are running a scanner, which is what you are
    doing?

    If it's a file yo have, then try either -

    Try a 30 day demo of Paint Shop Pro , it allows you to chanke the image
    compression. There is a slider bar and an optimiser button, a simple
    900K jpg is cuto down to 150K. This along with a slow connection setting
    and a guide to d/l times looks quite handy.
    http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?

    Or the much smaller and free www.irfanview.com/
    when you select Save as , type JPG, click the options button and select
    the 'Quality'

    Me

    why?, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Alex Vinokur

    Richard Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Alex Vinokur said:

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I need to decreasing size of jpg file.
    >>
    >> I tried to do that on Windows-2000
    >> via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    >> But it seems not to work.
    >>
    >> Alex

    > Try IrfanView, links on my software page.

    Damn spammer. Why can't you just say www.irfanview.com ?
    nobody visited your site this month?

    Richard, Dec 19, 2003
  6. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    > > Alex Vinokur said:

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I need to decreasing size of jpg file.
    > >>
    > >> I tried to do that on Windows-2000
    > >> via Start->Program->Accessories->Imaging->Tools->Scan Oprions.
    > >> But it seems not to work.
    > >>
    > >> Alex

    > > Try IrfanView, links on my software page.

    > Damn spammer. Why can't you just say www.irfanview.com ?
    > nobody visited your site this month?

    **** off Bullis, you are only jealous that no-one visits your site at all.
    Where do you get off calling me a spammer anyway?
    I give links to answer specific questions.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 19, 2003