    Magic but no go.

    Any help?
    Chuck
    Chuck Goldstein, Jul 15, 2005

  2. any of the partition software packages should have a "dos" version -- you
    boot off a CD or even floppies and run the re-sizing from there. It's not
    pretty, but it works. The problem is, you need to create the disks as part of
    an overall install. And that means you need a 32-bit machine somewhere to do
    the installation onto and create the disks.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Chuck Goldstein

    John Barnes Guest

    It has been stated elsewhere that it installed on x64 but wouldn't run, so
    maybe you can create the DOS floppies during the install, like Charlie said,
    but on x64.
    I will try my version this afternoon after work.

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Chuck Goldstein

    John Barnes Guest

    Also if it is installed, you can try 'tools' 'create rescue disks'

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Let us know if this works, John. That would be nice, since it would keep it
    within the strictest interpretation of the licensing. I'm going to give my
    Acronis a shot today as well.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 15, 2005
  6. John, unfortunately I don't have a floppy drive on my PC and Partition Magic
    won't create a rescue CD! On the other hand, Charlie, Acronis TrueImage 8,
    will create a rescue CD. I have used that to successfully image the x64 PC.

    Is it possible to create a bootable image onto a CD of the 2 Partition
    Magic rescue floppies ?

    Chuck

    Chuck Goldstein, Jul 15, 2005
  7. Chuck Goldstein

    John Barnes Guest

    No. It checks to see if the selected write to is a floppy. It cannot be
    changed to a hard drive so you create a bootable image. I have Partition
    Magic 8

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  8. Chuck Goldstein

    John Barnes Guest

    I just checked the documentation and it says that you can boot from the
    install CD to run the program if you can boot from a CD, so depending on
    what version you have, that may be your solution. Like I said I have
    Partition Magic 8

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  9. Ah, good. I've got Acronis 8 here, I think. Have to look at what version I've
    got.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 15, 2005
  10. Also not pretty, but Mandrake Linux can do it - do a fake install - that is
    to say start installing and when the new partition is written to disk abort.
    No promise, of course but who doesn't have a Linux CD laying around? Might
    as well use it for someting. Worked for me a couple of times.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperlling, Jul 16, 2005
  11. John,

    That did it! May thanks. I have Partition Magic 8 also. I decreased the
    size of C-drive and created a D-drive.

    Chuck

    Chuck Goldstein, Jul 16, 2005