    that might explain it all?

    Thanks,

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Tim Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:

    > I've found the Siemens C460IP which is a starter, and half a dozen of
    > those would work nicely, but I've never been able to satisfactorily work
    > out just how many DECT basestations I can have in the same location...

    On page 22 of the Siemens C460IP user manual it says `60 Duplex
    channels` which to me, implies 60 simultaneous calls within the same area.

    So I reckon you are more than fine with 6 base stations.

    At sometime in the future, there will be an S450IP phone that supports
    more than one SIP account on the base. Not for a few months though.

    If you want a really really professional system, then there is a company
    called Icon Plc who sell professional wireless systems. Which is DECT
    like you have never seen dect before. Doesn't come cheap though. I'm
    not sure whether they have their SIP version sorted out yet. Will
    guarantee coverage all over your building with repeaters, multiple
    access points etc.

    Tim
    Tim, Feb 22, 2007

  3. In article <45dda3c1$0$764$>,
    Tim <> wrote:
    >Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >
    >> I've found the Siemens C460IP which is a starter, and half a dozen of
    >> those would work nicely, but I've never been able to satisfactorily work
    >> out just how many DECT basestations I can have in the same location...

    >On page 22 of the Siemens C460IP user manual it says `60 Duplex
    >channels` which to me, implies 60 simultaneous calls within the same area.
    >
    >So I reckon you are more than fine with 6 base stations.

    OK. If my client wants to fork out for it, I may just give it a go..
    (And they already have 2 DECT phones, one on an analogue port on their PBX
    and one on the fax machine, I'm having problems weaning them off them
    and onto Desk phones (leaving the DECT phone for times when they really
    need to wander), so if they all had their own DECT phone it would solve
    everything... (or create a new set of issues ;-)

    I did have issues a while back though, which is why I'm asking. I had
    3 DECT base-stations in the same location and when the 3rd one was
    powered on, the other 2 would be come unreliable - bad voice quality,
    or the handsets failing to register with the base stations. However,
    the 3rd one was some weird USB Skype device, so who knows what it was
    really doing... It did claim to be GAP compliant though.

    >At sometime in the future, there will be an S450IP phone that supports
    >more than one SIP account on the base. Not for a few months though.

    Interesting, but not something I need right now though.

    >If you want a really really professional system, then there is a company
    >called Icon Plc who sell professional wireless systems. Which is DECT
    >like you have never seen dect before. Doesn't come cheap though. I'm
    >not sure whether they have their SIP version sorted out yet. Will
    >guarantee coverage all over your building with repeaters, multiple
    >access points etc.

    Hm. I bet it's quite a few £££ though! Their "Kirk" range seems to have
    VoIP capability. Might drop them a line...

    Thanks,

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Gordon Henderson

    Tim Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > OK. If my client wants to fork out for it, I may just give it a go..
    > (And they already have 2 DECT phones, one on an analogue port on their PBX
    > and one on the fax machine, I'm having problems weaning them off them
    > and onto Desk phones (leaving the DECT phone for times when they really
    > need to wander), so if they all had their own DECT phone it would solve
    > everything... (or create a new set of issues ;-)

    Wandering is good though :)

    > I did have issues a while back though, which is why I'm asking. I had
    > 3 DECT base-stations in the same location and when the 3rd one was
    > powered on, the other 2 would be come unreliable - bad voice quality,
    > or the handsets failing to register with the base stations. However,
    > the 3rd one was some weird USB Skype device, so who knows what it was
    > really doing... It did claim to be GAP compliant though.

    Did the third one have a CE mark? Sounds like it is spewing some EMC.

    > Hm. I bet it's quite a few £££ though! Their "Kirk" range seems to have
    > VoIP capability. Might drop them a line...

    VoIP does not always imply SIP.

    loads of pounds. Also a professional survey and install.

    Tim
    Tim, Feb 22, 2007