    text into notepad and then decode it? Anyone know of a decoding program?

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair Baxter, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    old jon Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I received an attachment to an email which begins
    >
    > ----------vgfvxqlikmmsuhvyuoqp
    >
    > but it consists of a load of nonsense text like this
    >
    > UEsDBBQAAAAIAIsLNDMx9KbFF0MAAOKKAAAJAAAAcHJpY2UuZXhl7FoJXBPX1j8p+vBRK77a
    > 1loXaK3dRbvY1/eKQBerUreqxaqAIorIIoKWRYlgQWUREUExIBEFQZHFurAlQBBBsBRcqYIL...
    >
    > Is there a way by which I can copy and paste this large piece of nonsense
    > text into notepad and then decode it? Anyone know of a decoding program?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    Looks loke a zipped up file by the title. Perhaps unzip with Winzip or
    winRAR.

    old jon, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:41:44 +0100, Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    >I received an attachment to an email which begins
    >
    >----------vgfvxqlikmmsuhvyuoqp
    >
    >but it consists of a load of nonsense text like this

    Not it is not, why is it always the same comment?

    The message info says - Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 , which is
    just a bit different from UUencode.

    The MIME type/subtype is this line

    >UEsDBBQAAAAIAIsLNDMx9KbFF0MAAOKKAAAJAAAAcHJpY2UuZXhl7FoJXBPX1j8p+vBRK77a
    >1loXaK3dRbvY1/eKQBerUreqxaqAIorIIoKWRYlgQWUREUExIBEFQZHFurAlQBBBsBRcqYIL...
    >
    >Is there a way by which I can copy and paste this large piece of nonsense
    >text into notepad and then decode it? Anyone know of a decoding program?

    Depending on OS, assuming Windows.

    Yes, it's been mentioned before
    and WinZIP
    http://www.winzip.com/uu00007.htm

    ripped from a previous post.
    7. why? Feb 3, 5:01 am show options
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    From: why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> - Find messages by this
    author
    Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:01:32 GMT
    Subject: Re: BinHex4.0
    Report Abuse

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:29:34 -0500, Earl Costello wrote:
    >Roger thanks for your response....I upgraded Netscapte to 7.2 and based
    >on yout suggesttion searched BinHex on Google.I frigged around for
    >hours but couldn't find a 'converter' The attachment that I received is

    http://www.funduc.com/explorer_extensions.htm USD $15
    Encode - Translates binary files into a format suitable for Internet
    Email attachments. Encode supports UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac),
    Quoted-Printable, & XXENCODE formats. [Screen shots]

    Decode - The reverse function to Encode, Decode is used to convert
    e-mail attachments back to their original form. The Decode function
    automatically detects UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac), XXENCODE,
    Quoted-Printable, 7 bit unencoded, & plain text. [Screen shots]

    There is also the freeware
    http://www.funduc.com/decext.htm
    Decode Shell Extension supports multiple attachments, multi-part files
    (already concatenated), Base64(MIME), yEnc, BinHex (Mac format),
    quoted-printable, plain text, XXENCODED, and User (table) encoded files.
    Support for yEnc is new to version 4.6.

    I've never used it for binhex/yenc, it's been a while since I last used
    it and it worked fine.

    Me

    why?, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    johny84

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    johny84, Oct 28, 2008
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    deltadel

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Re: Decoding MIME Files

    I have a folder that I saved many files in it. Today, I added a word document and alas, when I re-opened my computer, the folder became a MIME File. May I know if I can recover the files in that folder? It is urgent the the recent document is important.

    deltadel, Aug 14, 2011