    something the can sway the decision or the killer feature that works.
    Thanks
    Larry
    Larry, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Gene F. Rhodes, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Larry wrote:
    > Having read the reviews and user comments, I am having difficulty
    > deciding between Cannon S1IS, the Panasonic FZ5 and the Sony H1. Does
    > anyone have something the can sway the decision or the killer feature
    > that works. Thanks
    > Larry

    Between those, I would go for the Panasonic FZ5 as it's the lightest
    camera, takes a single battery, and has better image quality than the
    Canon S1 IS. You should also look at the Canon S2 IS, though!

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Larry

    Larry Guest

    > Between those, I would go for the Panasonic FZ5 as it's the lightest
    > camera, takes a single battery, and has better image quality than the
    > Canon S1 IS. You should also look at the Canon S2 IS, though!
    >
    > David

    Thanks David - I actually mistyped. I meant the S2 IS. However since then I
    have been looking at the Panasonic DMC FZ20 which is the bigger brother of
    the FZ5 and seems to have more optional manual settings.

    Larry
    Larry, Jun 28, 2005
  5. Larry

    Jason Smith Guest

    Bigger is the right word though. You'd want to go into a store and hold it
    in your hand and decide if you're happy with the increase in size for the
    extra features on offer. From memory, a review I read indicated that the FZ5
    does almost as good a job in terms of picture quality.

    Jason Smith, Jun 28, 2005