    TIA

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.
    Ockham's Razor, Sep 16, 2006

  2. On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:13:11 -0700, Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > My choice boils down to:
    >
    > Nikon D 50 with the new 28-200 lens
    >
    > or
    >
    > Nikon D-80 with kit lens.
    >
    > any opinions about what would be the best choice?
    >
    > TIA

    And, your intended use would be for a door stop or a boat anchor?
    Allodoxaphobia, Sep 16, 2006

  3. "Ockham's Razor" <> wrote in message

    > My choice boils down to:
    >
    > Nikon D 50 with the new 28-200 lens
    >
    > or
    >
    > Nikon D-80 with kit lens.
    >
    > any opinions about what would be the best choice?
    >
    > TIA

    I'd say that 28-200 is a "odd" focal length for a 1.5x crop as it's widest
    setting is only the same as 42mm on film! The d80 kit is 18-135 which
    would be a more useful range for a "walkabout" lens, but I'd much rather
    have 18-70 as a "kit" lens as the 135mm setting is only f5.6 maximum.

    Cheers Adrian
    www.boliston.co.uk
    Adrian Boliston, Sep 16, 2006