deciding between Dell, HP & Toshiba for a Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mustafa, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Mustafa

    Mustafa Guest

    I'm considering the following laptops, I want to do a little gaming, cd
    burning, email, internet, etc. I don't care about size, weight looks,
    portability or battery life. All that matters is performace, durbaility,
    reliability & toughness.

    HP Pavillion ZV5112EA
    Celeron 2.8ghz
    40GB HDD
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9000IGP
    802.llb

    HP ZE5700
    P4 2.3ghz
    30GB HDD

    Dell Inspiron 510m
    Centrino 1.5ghz
    40GB HDD
    64MB Video (don't know if it's shared or not)

    Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 - 392
    P4 Mobile 2.8ghz
    40GB HDD
    ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP

    I am leaning towards the Toshiba beacuse of the 3 year international
    warranty (especially since I am residing in one country & attending
    college in another) However I am willing to part with that if I get a
    sturdy, reliably laptop that won't cause me trouble in the first few years.
    Mustafa, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Mustafa

    Captain Ron Guest

    Buy a business class machine. I have seen many HP consumer level notebooks
    which are lemons. One in fact required three hard drives in 7 months. This
    particular notebook was purchased at a local Best Buy.
    Captain Ron, Aug 31, 2004

  3. I have had 2 HP laptops. One was a lemon and the other is doing ok. HP did
    nothing about my lemon laptops. Told me it was too bad. I had problems
    with it for 3 years. Went through 3 modems and 2 hard disks. It never
    worked right. I don't like HP laptops and would anyone to stay from them.

    Hank Sniadoch, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Mustafa

    Justin Guest

    Why not consider an AMD Mobile 64 chip based laptop? Better bang for the
    buck. I think the same price as the Celeron laptops.

    Justin, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Mustafa

    JK Guest

    At what price? Do most people want to pay double the price or more
    for something that might be just a bit better?

    JK, Sep 1, 2004