    What are my best lens options to go with my K10?

    Thanks

    Clive

    Clive, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Clive

    Spam THis Guest

    Clive wrote:
    > After many hours of reading reviews, etc and trying several cameras in
    > my hand (not side by side though) I have decided (not yet ordered) on
    > the Pentax K10D. The dust protection, handling and memory card type
    > swung it.
    >
    > I still use my old Canon A1's and my only digital camera is a Canon A75
    > (won in a raffle). My photography mainly involves manual focus. I know I
    > will have to aquire new lenses for the K10. My old range of lenses for
    > my A1's are 18-200mm - mainly used for landscapes.
    >
    > What are my best lens options to go with my K10?
    >
    > Thanks

    The
    smc DA * 16-50mm F2.8 ED/AL(IF SDM would be my first choice, the smc
    P-DA 16-45mm F4.0 ED/AL would be my second choice if I were to buy the
    K10D soon.

    Spam THis, Jun 27, 2007

  3. Clive

    Somebody Guest

    "Clive" <> wrote in message
    > After many hours of reading reviews, etc and trying several cameras in my
    > hand (not side by side though) I have decided (not yet ordered) on the
    > Pentax K10D. The dust protection, handling and memory card type swung it.
    >
    > I still use my old Canon A1's and my only digital camera is a Canon A75
    > (won in a raffle). My photography mainly involves manual focus. I know I
    > will have to aquire new lenses for the K10. My old range of lenses for my
    > A1's are 18-200mm - mainly used for landscapes.
    >
    > What are my best lens options to go with my K10?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Clive

    My vote goes for the 18-55 kit lens and then the excellent 50-200. This is a
    great package at a very good price.

    Somebody

    Somebody, Jun 27, 2007
  4. Clive

    Guest

    I like the kit lens myself. It works very good. pentax 50mm 1.4 is a
    good choce to.

    Clive wrote:
    > After many hours of reading reviews, etc and trying several cameras in
    > my hand (not side by side though) I have decided (not yet ordered) on
    > the Pentax K10D. The dust protection, handling and memory card type
    > swung it.
    >
    > I still use my old Canon A1's and my only digital camera is a Canon A75
    > (won in a raffle). My photography mainly involves manual focus. I know I
    > will have to aquire new lenses for the K10. My old range of lenses for
    > my A1's are 18-200mm - mainly used for landscapes.
    >
    > What are my best lens options to go with my K10?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Clive

    , Jun 27, 2007
  5. Somebody wrote:

    > "Clive" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> After many hours of reading reviews, etc and trying several cameras in
    >> my hand (not side by side though) I have decided (not yet ordered) on
    >> the Pentax K10D. The dust protection, handling and memory card type
    >> swung it.
    >>
    >> I still use my old Canon A1's and my only digital camera is a Canon
    >> A75 (won in a raffle). My photography mainly involves manual focus. I
    >> know I will have to aquire new lenses for the K10. My old range of
    >> lenses for my A1's are 18-200mm - mainly used for landscapes.
    >>
    >> What are my best lens options to go with my K10?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Clive

    > My vote goes for the 18-55 kit lens and then the excellent 50-200. This
    > is a great package at a very good price.
    >
    > Somebody

    I got a K100D for Christmas, and I love it. It came with the 18-55 kit
    lens. You can also buy it with the 50-200 zoom, right now I believe
    there is a $150 (US) rebate offer from Pentax. I also have an old
    Pentax 135mm prime and a Pentax 80-200 from our old film days (Pentax ME
    and K1000), which both work fine (though there is more fiddling around
    with settings on the old glass than on newer stuff that communicates
    with the camera body...).

    May I recommend a trip into the Pentax forums web site? There are
    answers to just about every Pentax question you could come up with, from
    folks who really know their gear.

    main page: http://www.pentaxforums.com/
    Sample shot from the 18-55 kit lens on my K100D:
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-2406.html

    Jim

    J. F. Cornwall, Jun 28, 2007