    part, what are some decent cards available that aren't too expensive?

    Thanks,
    Al
    Albert Maxwell, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Albert Maxwell

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:37:05 -0400, "Albert Maxwell" <>
    wrote:

    >I have some old Super8 films that I want to transfer into the computer for
    >processing before converting over to DVD format. I need a PCI card that
    >will allow input from an analog camcorder and then save the captures
    >preferably as a series of TIFF or BMP frames to allow processing in
    >Photoshop. Once completed, these TIFF or BMP frames will be stitched back
    >together into a movie file to be burned on the DVD. For the capture card
    >part, what are some decent cards available that aren't too expensive?

    You could get Hauppage card for around $50 but the software you
    descibe isn't readily available. You'd have a better chance of doing
    capture to AVI, editing them out to remove blank black frames and
    duplicate frames and converting the video to 12fps or 24.

    It'd be easier if you could use scanner that has film and slide option
    (light on top) and used it to scan in segment of the film, collect
    individual frames, and stitch it back to video. I can't remember if
    Super8 has audio but if it does have audio you'd have to capture it as
    sound file and synch it with video at the end.

    May be better to consider a professional film service, they would have
    the equipment, software, and experience in converting 8mms to DVD.
    Make sure they handle 8mm films, not 8mm tapes.
    Impmon, Sep 25, 2008