Decent US Mail Orders for Computer Parts..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do charge a
    fee like some do.


    After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

    I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for $200
    or less.

    Thanks
     
    Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dumdedo

    harry Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:
    > Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do
    > charge a fee like some do.
    >
    >
    > After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >
    > I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    > for $200 or less.
    >
    > Thanks


    Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100 Fedex =
    Hardly worth the trouble
     
    harry, Dec 16, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Dumdedo

    Ralph Mason Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    >
    > Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

    charge a
    > fee like some do.
    >
    >
    > After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >
    > I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for

    $200
    > or less.


    I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will ship USPS
    expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card (note, this is not
    UPS).

    Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via Credit card
    or Paypal.

    Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773174207&category=40161
    or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect GST
    ($500), a cool savings of $250.

    Ralph
     
    Ralph Mason, Dec 16, 2003
    #3
  4. Dumdedo

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    >
    > Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

    charge a
    > fee like some do.
    >
    >
    > After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..


    How long is it going to stay decent for?

    If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost? If
    it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.

    E. Scrooge
     
    E. Scrooge, Dec 16, 2003
    #4
  5. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:

    >Dumdedo wrote:
    >> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do
    >> charge a fee like some do.
    >>
    >>
    >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>
    >> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >> for $200 or less.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    >Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100 Fedex =
    >Hardly worth the trouble
    >




    Most are arounf $200 or less..

    And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..
     
    Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003
    #5
  6. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:09:56 +1300, "Ralph Mason"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >>
    >>
    >> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

    >charge a
    >> fee like some do.
    >>
    >>
    >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>
    >> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for

    >$200
    >> or less.

    >
    >I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will ship USPS
    >expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card (note, this is not
    >UPS).
    >
    >Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via Credit card
    >or Paypal.
    >
    >Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773174207&category=40161
    >or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect GST
    >($500), a cool savings of $250.
    >
    >Ralph
    >




    GST is paid on landed cost of over $400nz..

    I have read that their are plenty of cards in the $200 price range.
     
    Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003
    #6
  7. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:24:11 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    (remove eye)> wrote:

    >
    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >>
    >>
    >> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

    >charge a
    >> fee like some do.
    >>
    >>
    >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

    >
    >How long is it going to stay decent for?
    >
    >If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost? If
    >it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.
    >
    >E. Scrooge
    >




    Please translate for me, I was never taught Gobble gook at school..

    Thanks
     
    Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003
    #7
  8. Dumdedo

    harry Guest

    Ralph Mason wrote:
    > "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >>
    >>
    >> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >> do charge a fee like some do.
    >>
    >>
    >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>
    >> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >> for $200 or less.

    >
    > I usually find ebay to be a good place. Just make sure they will
    > ship USPS expedited. That should only cost about $10 for the card
    > (note, this is not UPS).
    >
    > Look for a trader that will sell world wide and take payment via
    > Credit card or Paypal.
    >
    > Here is one for $255 + $25 shipping
    >

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773174207&category=40161
    > or $423 NZ in total, this is under the amount where they will collect
    > GST ($500), a cool savings of $250.
    >
    > Ralph


    What will you do if it doesn't work ?
     
    harry, Dec 16, 2003
    #8
  9. Dumdedo

    harry Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >>> do charge a fee like some do.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>>
    >>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >>> for $200 or less.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>
    >> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    >> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > Most are arounf $200 or less..
    >
    > And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..


    What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
     
    harry, Dec 16, 2003
    #9
  10. Dumdedo

    Stuart Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..

    > >
    > >How long is it going to stay decent for?
    > >
    > >If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost?

    If
    > >it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.

    > Please translate for me, I was never taught Gobble gook at school..


    He's saying a graphics cards' performance isn't going to get any worse over
    time, but the price will be lower if you wait until next year.

    If any of my post contains gobbledegook, please let me know.

    Stuart
     
    Stuart, Dec 16, 2003
    #10
  11. Dumdedo

    Lebowski Guest

    "harry" <> wrote in message
    news:qZxDb.13223$...
    > Dumdedo wrote:
    > > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Dumdedo wrote:
    > >>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    > >>> do charge a fee like some do.
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    > >>>
    > >>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    > >>> for $200 or less.
    > >>>
    > >>> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    > >> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    > >>

    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Most are arounf $200 or less..
    > >
    > > And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

    >
    > What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    > What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    >
    >

    Curse and swear all kinds of expletives, then buy an FX5200 locally as a
    stop-gap? ;-)
     
    Lebowski, Dec 16, 2003
    #11
  12. On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:35:08 +1300, "Stephen Williams" <>
    wrote:

    >> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and do

    >charge a
    >> fee like some do.
    >>
    >>
    >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>
    >> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US for

    >$200
    >> or less.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >
    >You could just wait for the 5900SE to get here, just like a 5900 but with
    >lower default clock and RAM speeds. It will be around the price of the
    >current 5600/5700 Ultra.
    >
    >Steve
    >




    They are out here but not that cheap, the only one that has a better price is
    the Gigabyte at $490inc..

    The range is around $556-$752, but you can even get the full Leadtek one for
    $600

    Also the Albatron is here.

    They use CP & EPV, otheres use SE, FX & XT..

    The Asus is the dearest SE card..
     
    Robert Mathews, Dec 16, 2003
    #12
  13. On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:53:07 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:

    >Dumdedo wrote:
    >> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dumdedo wrote:
    >>>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >>>> do charge a fee like some do.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>>>
    >>>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >>>> for $200 or less.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    >>> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Most are arounf $200 or less..
    >>
    >> And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

    >
    >What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    >What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    >



    Credit cards cover that..
     
    Robert Mathews, Dec 16, 2003
    #13
  14. On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:13:21 +1300, "Stuart"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> >> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >> >
    >> >How long is it going to stay decent for?
    >> >
    >> >If you're happy with the card, does it really matter how much it cost?

    >If
    >> >it does matter, they'll be a lot cheaper next year.

    >> Please translate for me, I was never taught Gobble gook at school..

    >
    >He's saying a graphics cards' performance isn't going to get any worse over
    >time, but the price will be lower if you wait until next year.
    >
    >If any of my post contains gobbledegook, please let me know.
    >
    >Stuart
    >




    Yes then next year then next year, you can wait for ever..
     
    Robert Mathews, Dec 16, 2003
    #14
  15. On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:15:45 +1300, "Lebowski" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"harry" <> wrote in message
    >news:qZxDb.13223$...
    >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >> >>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >> >>> do charge a fee like some do.
    >> >>>
    >> >>>
    >> >>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >> >>>
    >> >>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >> >>> for $200 or less.
    >> >>>
    >> >>> Thanks
    >> >>
    >> >> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    >> >> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > Most are arounf $200 or less..
    >> >
    >> > And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

    >>
    >> What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    >> What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    >>
    >>

    >Curse and swear all kinds of expletives, then buy an FX5200 locally as a
    >stop-gap? ;-)
    >




    Because they are utter crap and slower than my current Ti4200, I want some
    thing that is 2 times better, not 2 times slower..

    Plus it needs to match my HT P4 dual channel system that I now have.

    Plus ACC just gave me lots of Money..
     
    Robert Mathews, Dec 16, 2003
    #15
  16. Dumdedo

    Lebowski Guest

    "Robert Mathews" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:15:45 +1300, "Lebowski" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"harry" <> wrote in message
    > >news:qZxDb.13223$...
    > >> Dumdedo wrote:
    > >> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> Dumdedo wrote:
    > >> >>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    > >> >>> do charge a fee like some do.
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    > >> >>> for $200 or less.
    > >> >>>
    > >> >>> Thanks
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    > >> >> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > Most are arounf $200 or less..
    > >> >
    > >> > And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..
    > >>
    > >> What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    > >> What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    > >>
    > >>

    > >Curse and swear all kinds of expletives, then buy an FX5200 locally as a
    > >stop-gap? ;-)
    > >

    >
    >
    >
    > Because they are utter crap and slower than my current Ti4200, I want some
    > thing that is 2 times better, not 2 times slower..
    >
    > Plus it needs to match my HT P4 dual channel system that I now have.
    >
    > Plus ACC just gave me lots of Money..
    >
    >


    Heh you know that I know that (I too am loyal to my existing ti4200)...was
    just pulling your leg ;-)
     
    Lebowski, Dec 16, 2003
    #16
  17. Dumdedo

    Chris Guest

    Dumdedo <> wrote in

    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > GST is paid on landed cost of over $400nz..
    >
    > I have read that their are plenty of cards in the $200 price range.
    >
    >
    >


    Actually it's the landed $NZD value where the GST to collect would be $50
    or more which would be $NZD450. This does not always apply as random
    samples of incomming goods are taken and checked to insure that the
    paperwork matches up - i.e. the invoice and what has been declared on
    package. Depending on how it is shipped it could well be $USD100
     
    Chris, Dec 16, 2003
    #17
  18. Dumdedo

    harry Guest

    Robert Mathews wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:53:07 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Dumdedo wrote:
    >>>>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >>>>> do charge a fee like some do.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the
    >>>>> US for $200 or less.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks
    >>>>
    >>>> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    >>>> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Most are arounf $200 or less..
    >>>
    >>> And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..

    >>
    >> What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    >> What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    >>

    >
    >
    > Credit cards cover that..


    Good luck with getting a credit card company to cover you for faulty goods
    or goods lost in transit.
     
    harry, Dec 16, 2003
    #18
  19. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:30:24 +1300, "Lebowski" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Robert Mathews" <> wrote in message
    >news:p...
    >> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:15:45 +1300, "Lebowski" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >
    >> >"harry" <> wrote in message
    >> >news:qZxDb.13223$...
    >> >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >> >> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:34 +1300, "harry" <> wrote:
    >> >> >
    >> >> >> Dumdedo wrote:
    >> >> >>> Any decent US mail order firms that will take NZ Credit cards and
    >> >> >>> do charge a fee like some do.
    >> >> >>>
    >> >> >>>
    >> >> >>> After getting a decent Nvidia FX 5900 3D card..
    >> >> >>>
    >> >> >>> I don't see why I should pat $650nz for a card that sells in the US
    >> >> >>> for $200 or less.
    >> >> >>>
    >> >> >>> Thanks
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> Cheap Gainward FX5900 = $US241 = $NZ409 + GST = $NZ460 + $US100
    >> >> >> Fedex = Hardly worth the trouble
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >
    >> >> >
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Most are arounf $200 or less..
    >> >> >
    >> >> > And you don't pay $100us to ship a 3D card here..
    >> >>
    >> >> What will you do when it doesn't work ?
    >> >> What will you do when it doesn't arrive ?
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >Curse and swear all kinds of expletives, then buy an FX5200 locally as a
    >> >stop-gap? ;-)
    >> >

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Because they are utter crap and slower than my current Ti4200, I want some
    >> thing that is 2 times better, not 2 times slower..
    >>
    >> Plus it needs to match my HT P4 dual channel system that I now have.
    >>
    >> Plus ACC just gave me lots of Money..
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Heh you know that I know that (I too am loyal to my existing ti4200)...was
    >just pulling your leg ;-)
    >



    Yes the Ti4200 is a good card and hard to beat, my Leadtek one can run faster
    than a Ti4400.

    But now I need some thing better to match my system upgrade..

    The Gigabyte FX5900 XT looks good at $490, but no one has a Picture or a
    review of it.

    And the review, a eVGA version that I read, it comes out about 2 times faster
    than a Ti4600..

    Here is the review

    http://firingsquad.com/hardware/evga_e-geforce_fx_5900_xt_review/
     
    Dumdedo, Dec 16, 2003
    #19
  20. Dumdedo

    KS Guest

    > GST is paid on landed cost of over $400nz..

    Not entirely true. I have just had a camera shipped over valued at NZ$780,
    with no GST paid, asked, anything.

    Mind you, this was my earnt money, rather than taxpayer squandered dollars
    that you're happy to boast about, so perhaps they smiled upon me with good
    luck.
     
    KS, Dec 16, 2003
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Dumdedo
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    341
    Dumdedo
    Dec 17, 2003
  2. Dumdedo
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    488
    Lebowski
    Dec 18, 2003
  3. Dumdedo
    Replies:
    36
    Views:
    1,164
    The Flash
    Dec 23, 2003
  4. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,160
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  5. dstvns

    Parts parts....PARTS!!! ARGHHH

    dstvns, Dec 29, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    597
Loading...

Share This Page