    websites and the occasional picture. Looking at the Canon i250 and HP 3550,
    but am open to suggestions if there's something better value out there. Any
    ideas?
    Metaphoid, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Metaphoid

    Boomer.. Guest

    Metaphoid said:

    > I'm after something from the bottom end of the market to printout
    > letters, websites and the occasional picture. Looking at the Canon
    > i250 and HP 3550, but am open to suggestions if there's something
    > better value out there. Any ideas?

    Read through this group.
    comp.periphs.printers
    Boomer.., Aug 28, 2003

  3. Metaphoid

    Boomer.. Guest

    Boomer.. said:

    > Metaphoid said:
    >
    >> I'm after something from the bottom end of the market to printout
    >> letters, websites and the occasional picture. Looking at the Canon
    >> i250 and HP 3550, but am open to suggestions if there's something
    >> better value out there. Any ideas?

    > Read through this group.
    > comp.periphs.printers

    <Blush> Didn't notice you had cross posted, already, to
    comp.periphs.printers.

    Carry on. ;)
    Boomer.., Aug 28, 2003
  4. "Metaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > I'm after something from the bottom end of the market to printout letters,
    > websites and the occasional picture. Looking at the Canon i250 and HP

    3550,
    > but am open to suggestions if there's something better value out there.

    Any
    > ideas?

    Check www.cnet.com for reviews on various printers. The consumer reviews at
    Cnet usually tell it like it is from a real world usage point of view.

    --
    callsignviper

    The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
    the right questions.
    callsignviper, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Metaphoid

    Kenny Guest

    Review of budget printers in latest Computeractive gave a "Buy it" to the HP
    3550.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 28, 2003
  6. "Metaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > I'm after something from the bottom end of the market to printout letters,
    > websites and the occasional picture. Looking at the Canon i250 and HP

    3550,
    > but am open to suggestions if there's something better value out there.

    Any
    > ideas?

    How low-end are you wanting?

    I got my Epson Stylus C82 for about $100. It has 4 separate ink cartridges.
    I hate the thought of tossing an ink cart that is only out of one colour...
    Prints up to 5760x1440... REeally good quality photos on plain paper,
    even...

    --
    Can you tell I like my printer?
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 28, 2003
  7. Metaphoid

    Safetymom123 Guest

    I second the recommendation for the Epson C82. It has been discontinued so
    there are many deals out there. Several weeks ago at Best Buy with an
    instant rebate and a mail in the final cost was $29.

    Safetymom123, Aug 28, 2003
  8. Metaphoid

    Safetymom123 Guest

    Difference between C82 and 84 is it will be able to do true borderless
    prints on several sizes. Faster color printing. Nothing changed with the
    inks.

    "Don Davis" <> wrote in message
    > I'm so glad to hear from C82 owners. Like me, I think it's a great
    > machine.Seams as though the Canon I850 & I950 have been stealing the show
    > for too long. Not putting them down, though. They're probably good

    printers,
    > but I think Epson gets a bad rap. I've heard something to the fact that
    > Epson is coming out with a C84 that prints with different kinds of ink

    (more

    Safetymom123, Aug 29, 2003
  9. Metaphoid

    brane_ded Guest

    "Safetymom123" <> wrote in message news:<v0I3b.3100$>...
    > Difference between C82 and 84 is it will be able to do true borderless
    > prints on several sizes. Faster color printing. Nothing changed with the
    > inks.

    Hi,
    Funny thing...at Staples they had the C82 and C84 side-by-side and the
    prices were the same! You would think a newer printer would be more
    expensive?

    Oh, and the salesperson couldn't tell me the difference...as you have,
    thanks!

    I'm happy with our C82 and I talked a friend into the CX5200
    all-in-one (same printer incorporated in scanner-combo)

    b_d
    brane_ded, Sep 6, 2003
  10. Metaphoid

    Guest Guest

    It seems with Epson each new version is cheaper. Funny that they had them
    both displayed because then why would you want to get the old model!

    Guest, Sep 6, 2003