    Here's the landing page about the Live Meeting, we'll update this with
    the upgrade exam offer when it's live:
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx
    Published Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:34 PM by
    Filed under: vista, certification, vista certification, MCDST
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 6, 2006

  2. Re: December 6 Vista Certification Live Meeting (and info re: MCDST to Vista)

    Can you mess around with Vista on Virual Server 2005 for free without having
    actually bought the Install CD? I guess there was a beta version out there
    for it awhile back. Is that still available? I would like to eventually
    become certified in that as well if there is only 1 test for it after MCDST,
    then why not go for it? I personally haven't decided if upgrading to Vista
    on my home PC is what I want to do yet. I think my graphics card will have
    to be upgraded for that little venture.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 7, 2006

  3. Re: December 6 Vista Certification Live Meeting (and info re: MCDSTto Vista)

    Keith Chilton wrote:
    > Can you mess around with Vista on Virual Server 2005 for free without having
    > actually bought the Install CD? I guess there was a beta version out there
    > for it awhile back. Is that still available? I would like to eventually
    > become certified in that as well if there is only 1 test for it after MCDST,
    > then why not go for it? I personally haven't decided if upgrading to Vista
    > on my home PC is what I want to do yet. I think my graphics card will have
    > to be upgraded for that little venture.

    I don't believe you can get the beta now if you didn't sign up a while
    ago. Personally, I don't like Vista much but that could be due to lack
    of experience. I am content that most companies will be on 2000 and XP
    for many years to come.

    MS has started putting out "virtual hard drives" for Virtual Server
    2005. So far, this is restricted to server products (SQL, ISA,
    Exchange, Windows 2003 Server). It would be great if they put out a VHD
    for Vista at some point. All of the VHD's work like evaluation copies.
    Pretty neat stuff.
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 7, 2006
  4. Re: December 6 Vista Certification Live Meeting (and info re: MCDST to Vista)

    Interesting. Thanks!
    Keith Chilton, Dec 7, 2006