    debug our software with respect to that hardware ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru
    KBG, Apr 10, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    KBG <> wrote:
    >We need to port some Executables in to the board which is away from us
    >by more than 2000 kms

    >Can VPN be used to port our software into a remote Hardware board and
    >debug our software with respect to that hardware ?

    VPNs provide protected network connections. If your remote board
    does not have a network connection, then a VPN will not be able to
    give you an interface to the board. If the remote board -does- have
    a network connection, then the VPN is not -necessary- to access the
    remote board.

    You would use a VPN if the remote board -does- have a network connection
    but you need to improve the security of that connection.

    There is one other circumstance: if the remote board has a network
    connection, but that network connection relies upon multicast or
    local broadcasts or upon non-IP protocols such as IPX or appletalk,
    then -some- forms of VPN connection can join the remote network
    and the local network as if they were all local to each other.

    If your remote board does not have a network connection but does have
    a serial interface (RS232, RS422), then there are companies which make
    equipment which provide "remote console" connections -- network addressible
    serial ports. The price of those devices depends a lot on what kind
    of security you need for the remote connection. If you need an
    encrypted connection to the "remote console", then you might find it
    most cost effective to use a remote console device that does not have
    a lot of security, and then to use a VPN to secure the connection
    to the remote console device. For example, you might combine a
    Linksys BEFVP41 with a Synaccess Networks NPC-22.
    Walter Roberson, Apr 10, 2006