    work.

    Can you tell me what this is and is it relatively easy to let lose on the
    computer?
    MARLENE HOLT, Jan 22, 2004

  2. MARLENE HOLT

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you talking about script debugging? Please be more precise.

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:13:43 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bupee7$r6q$>
    MARLENE HOLT scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 22, 2004

  3. MARLENE HOLT

    Juan Pérez Guest

    It doesn't mean it will clean viruses (bugs) off your system.

    "Bosth, Bosth...De Bug! De Bug!"

    --
    Pardon, my Lisp is terrible.
    Juan

    Juan Pérez, Jan 22, 2004
  4. MARLENE HOLT wrote:

    > A new one on me. Today on two occasions I have had something come up about
    > something called Debug covered by Microsoft and asking if I wanted it to
    > work.

    What does "Debug covered by Microsoft" mean?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 23, 2004
  5. MARLENE HOLT

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In IE: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Check 'Disable Script
    Debugging', Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

    In news:bupee7$r6q$,
    MARLENE HOLT <> using yellow ink, wrote in the
    snow thusly:

    --
    Juan
    R.B. deux
    Juan Pérez, Jan 23, 2004
  6. MARLENE HOLT

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Juan Pérez :
    > In IE: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Check 'Disable Script
    > Debugging', Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.
    >

    > In news:bupee7$r6q$,
    > MARLENE HOLT <> using yellow ink, wrote in
    > the snow thusly:
    >> A new one on me. Today on two occasions I have had something come up
    >> about something called Debug covered by Microsoft and asking if I
    >> wanted it to work.
    >>
    >> Can you tell me what this is and is it relatively easy to let lose on
    >> the computer?

    The browser is checking script on web pages. There is nothing to get
    loose on your computer and damage it ;o)
    Juan Pérez, Jan 23, 2004
  7. MARLENE HOLT

    docmill Guest

    "Juan Pérez" <juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in

    > Juan Pérez :
    >> In IE: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Check 'Disable Script
    >> Debugging', Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.
    >>

    >> In news:bupee7$r6q$,
    >> MARLENE HOLT <> using yellow ink, wrote in
    >> the snow thusly:
    >>> A new one on me. Today on two occasions I have had something come up
    >>> about something called Debug covered by Microsoft and asking if I
    >>> wanted it to work.
    >>>
    >>> Can you tell me what this is and is it relatively easy to let lose on
    >>> the computer?

    > The browser is checking script on web pages. There is nothing to get
    > loose on your computer and damage it ;o)

    Now if there were only a sentry on the keyboard guarding the enter key.

    --
    +++++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++++++
    docmill, Jan 23, 2004
  8. MARLENE HOLT

    Irony Alert Guest

    > A new one on me. Today on two occasions I have had something come up

    about
    > something called Debug covered by Microsoft and asking if I wanted it to
    > work.
    >
    > Can you tell me what this is and is it relatively easy to let lose on the
    > computer?

    Debug? Are you talking about DEBUG.COM, the old MSDOS program debugger?
    Wow, that takes me back.

    It is used to debug executables (.EXE) and binaries (.COM, .SYS), although
    the .EXE files cannot be saved. You can also use it as a file patcher, but
    unless you properly compensate for the 512 byte offset in memory, you can
    royally screw up the file.

    My advice: if you don't know what it is, leave it be.

    --

    The Usenet Irony Alert
    Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003

    Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
    Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.

    "The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."
    Irony Alert, Jan 23, 2004