DEATH OF THE SD-9 !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Annika1980

    Böwser Guest

    You haven't killfiled Preddy yet?

    Böwser, Nov 18, 2003

  3. YADCI (Re: DEATH OF THE SD-9 !!!)

    > The buzzards are already circling the stench that is the Sigma SD-9.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/23407067

    Yet another downsampled canon image.

    George Preddy, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: YADCI (Re: DEATH OF THE SD-9 !!!)

    >From: "George Preddy"

    >http://www.pbase.com/image/23407067
    >
    >Yet another downsampled canon image.

    "....better than anything my SD-9 can produce."

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Böwser"

    >You haven't killfiled Preddy yet?

    I ignore most of his silliness and outright lies, but sometimes I like to toy
    with him like my kitten plays with string.

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Annika1980

    mark herring Guest

    Re: YADCI (Re: DEATH OF THE SD-9 !!!)

    George--or whatever your real name is:
    You are an intolerable fool. For anyone who has not followed the nonsense,
    your post is meaningless. For those who have followed it, it is just more
    of your mindless repetition.
    Why dont you tell us why your were banned from the dpreview forums---unless
    that was trumped up by a NG reader who had reached his fill.

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    Steve Young Guest

    Re: YADCI (Re: DEATH OF THE SD-9 !!!)

    "mark herring" <> wrote
    [...]
    > Why dont you tell us why your were banned from the dpreview forums---unless
    > that was trumped up by a NG reader who had reached his fill.

    now that could happen
    but why would we make newsgroup judgements based on that? (dpreview)

    Steve Young, Nov 18, 2003
  8. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Böwser"

    > >You haven't killfiled Preddy yet?

    > I ignore most of his silliness and outright lies, but sometimes I like to

    toy
    > with him like my kitten plays with string.

    Downsampled string?

    George Preddy, Nov 18, 2003
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "George Preddy"

    >> I ignore most of his silliness and outright lies, but sometimes I like to

    >toy
    >> with him like my kitten plays with string.

    >Downsampled string?

    String that looks like string and not beads.

    -Annika ----> hates jaggies !

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2003
  10. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "George Preddy"

    > >> I ignore most of his silliness and outright lies, but sometimes I like

    > >toy
    > >> with him like my kitten plays with string.

    > >Downsampled string?
    > >

    > String that looks like string and not beads.

    At 14MP, with the same pixel size as 1.5MP?

    George Preddy, Nov 18, 2003
  11. Annika1980

    Bill M Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:48:25 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    >"Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> >From: "George Preddy"

    >> >toy
    >> >
    >> >Downsampled string?
    >> >

    >> String that looks like string and not beads.

    >At 14MP, with the same pixel size as 1.5MP?

    What? Are you hoping if you type this bullshit enough times it will
    magically come true? What a twit you are...

    Bill M, Nov 18, 2003
  12. Hey Annie, I see your personal details are plastered over the NG, what time
    zone are you in, so I can ring you at 4 am exactly ;)

    betty swallocks, Nov 18, 2003
  13. Annika1980

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <bpe548$555$>, "George Preddy"
    <> writes:

    >At 14MP, with the same pixel size as 1.5MP?

    How do you figure ??

    Is this new math from you AGAIN ???

    Azzz1588, Nov 23, 2003
  14. "Azzz1588" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bpe548$555$>, "George Preddy"
    > <> writes:
    >
    > >At 14MP, with the same pixel size as 1.5MP?

    > How do you figure ??
    >
    > Is this new math from you AGAIN ???

    No. When you print a picture with constrained dimensions, a 14MP image from
    an SD9 will have smaller pixels than a 1.5MP image form a Canon 10D. That
    is why saying the Canon's interpolated output, downsampled to 1.5MP, looks
    almost as good as an SD9's 14MP interpolated output is meaningless.

    George Preddy, Nov 23, 2003
  15. Annika1980

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <bpp6gg$nkr$>, "George Preddy"
    <> writes:

    >No. When you print a picture with constrained dimensions, a 14MP image from
    >an SD9 will have smaller pixels than a 1.5MP image form a Canon 10D. That
    >is why saying the Canon's interpolated output, downsampled to 1.5MP, looks
    >almost as good as an SD9's 14MP interpolated output is meaningless.

    Damn, I always knew you were will willing to streatch things, but this is a
    real reach......................................

    Azzz1588, Nov 23, 2003
  16. Annika1980

    Steve Young Guest

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote
    > >No. When you print a picture with constrained dimensions, a 14MP image
    > >from an SD9 will have smaller pixels than a 1.5MP image form a Canon
    > >10D. That is why saying the Canon's interpolated output, downsampled
    > >to 1.5MP, looks almost as good as an SD9's 14MP interpolated output is
    > >meaningless.

    > "Azzz1588" <> wrote
    > Damn, I always knew you were will willing to streatch things, but this is a
    > real reach......................................

    now *that's* *chutzpa*
    we finally offer him 10 million sensor elements, and now he talks 14MP
    *look out* medium format!

    Steve Young, Nov 23, 2003
  17. Annika1980

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <GK6wb.317163$>,
    "Steve Young" <> writes:

    >now *that's* *chutzpa*
    >we finally offer him 10 million sensor elements, and now he talks 14MP
    >*look out* medium format!

    I must be real slow here.

    I'm still trying to figure out how he can honestly claim
    just 10 mp from a 3.34 mp camera.

    I dont get it...........................

    And the images he posts are terrible, they are better at showing the
    sd 9's, weakness for all to see, and the color which is supposed to
    be sooooo good with it, is really bad. Lets not forget all the staircases
    in the pictures as soon as a line runs away from horizontial, or vertical.

    I was thinking about a digital rebl next year, but after looking at all
    the Cannon 10D images recently, I think I'll just save the extra $$$
    and get one of those when I can.

    Thanks George, you have actually helped me come to a conclusion
    here. The Cannon is truely superior !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Azzz1588, Nov 24, 2003
  18. "Azzz1588" <> wrote in message
    > In article <GK6wb.317163$>,

    > I'm still trying to figure out how he can honestly claim
    > just 10 mp from a 3.34 mp camera.
    >
    > I dont get it...........................

    Pretty simple, 10.3M RGB data points require exactly 3.43M full color
    pixels. It's not rocket science.

    > And the images he posts

    He posts images?? You mean the SD9's output isn't embarrising? Wow!

    George Preddy, Nov 24, 2003
  19. Annika1980

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <bpslm2$dfa$>, "George Preddy"
    <> writes:

    >He posts images?? You mean the SD9's output isn't embarrising? Wow

    You are a dishonest lying piece of garbage
    You took a sentance I worte, and rewrote it completely out of context !!
    The mark of a true dishonest individual
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The sigma's output is TERRIBLE !!!!!
    And you've posted the pic's to prove it !!!

    No wonder you love sigma soo much, you lie just like they do !!
    I'm glad you like the piece of crap of a camera the sigma's are,
    you, and all one or two of you sigma owners.

    But your constant lying, and dishonesty is just getting to be too
    much.

    Please take your 3.34mp sigma, and shove it up your ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember, you will only be shoving 3.34mp worth of sensors
    up that ass, though I know you will claim you are really shoving
    10mp up that sorry ass of yours........................

    Please let me know when you get to the Wash DC area, and give
    me a holler. I'll invite you over for a real asskicking in person.
    Hell, I'll even drive you to the hospital afterward !!

    You lying loser piece of scum.................................

    Azzz1588, Nov 24, 2003
  20. Annika1980

    Steve Young Guest

    > > "Azzz1588" <> wrote
    > > I'm still trying to figure out how he can honestly claim
    > > just 10 mp from a 3.34 mp camera.
    > >
    > > I dont get it...........................

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote
    > Pretty simple, 10.3M RGB data points require exactly 3.43M full color
    > pixels. It's not rocket science.

    > > And the images he posts

    > He posts images?? You mean the SD9's output isn't embarrising? Wow!

    It's no wonder you're having trouble with people
    You need to stop taking liberties with their texts
    This in no shape or form resembles the context of the previous poster:
    > > And the images he posts

    > He posts images??

    watch out, you're going to get some people mad as hell at you
    that surely won't help Foveon

    Steve Young, Nov 24, 2003