  1. Evil

    Evil Guest

    RoboCop's ED-209 units were much cooler than yours.
    Evil, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Evil

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:29:37 GMT, Evil wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > RoboCop's ED-209 units were much cooler than yours.

    Dear Matrix Revolutions,

    The "Alien" series already did big metal exoskeletons.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)
    Codswallop, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Evil

    Justin Guest

    Codswallop wrote on [Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:41:54 GMT]:
    > On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:29:37 GMT, Evil wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >> RoboCop's ED-209 units were much cooler than yours.

    > Dear Matrix Revolutions,
    >
    > The "Alien" series already did big metal exoskeletons.

    yeah, but they had a point in Aliens
    Justin, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Evil

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Codswallop" <> wrote in message
    > The "Alien" series already did big metal exoskeletons.

    And Robert Heinlein wrote about them 30 years before Aliens.

    Besides, the Wachowskis were more or less directly referencing the
    literally hundreds of different 'mecha' anime series produced in Japan.

    People tromping around in big robot suits is hardly something Jim
    Cameron invented on his own.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Evil

    Wade365 Guest

    << the Wachowskis were more or less directly referencing the
    literally hundreds of different 'mecha' anime series produced in Japan. >>

    Testify.

    Glad the new "Ma-Trick" movie ain't gettin' rave reviews... quick industry
    ejection would be a decent next step.
    Wade365, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Evil

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >Glad the new "Ma-Trick" movie ain't gettin' rave reviews... quick industry
    >ejection would be a decent next step.

    Yeah, the two guys who created a franchise that's made over a billion dollars
    will have a real hard time finding work.
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi
    CLOSEDOWN8, Nov 13, 2003