Dear MCNGP

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Lost, May 12, 2004.

  1. Lost

    Lost Guest

    To be honest, when I first started reading this NG, I was
    certain that you were just a cruel and mean group of
    people who got their kicks from tormenting innocent people
    who came to the NG for help.

    I have read a lot of your posts. Yes you can be cruel at
    times, but only to the trolls and dumpers. You do spend a
    lot of time on off topic stuff, but that's your
    prerogative. I have even seen members of your group
    actually give helpful advice.

    I began reading this NG while trying to decide if MCSE was
    a certification that I wanted to pursue. I have since
    decided that I have a long way to go to even begin. I seem
    to have a knack when it come to computers and can usually
    figure out what is wrong with them. I do not have any
    experience in IT. I have decided to give the MSDST a shot
    and go from there. I also plan to get my A+ certification.

    Keep up the fight against dumpers and "paper" certs. I
    will continue to read this group and even post once in a
    while.

    Lost

    Lost, May 12, 2004

  2. Lost

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Lost" <no_one@no_where.com> wrote in news:ba9e01c437ce$3b5874e0
    $:

    > To be honest, when I first started reading this NG, I was
    > certain that you were just a cruel and mean group of
    > people who got their kicks from tormenting innocent people
    > who came to the NG for help.
    >
    > I have read a lot of your posts. Yes you can be cruel at
    > times, but only to the trolls and dumpers. You do spend a
    > lot of time on off topic stuff, but that's your
    > prerogative. I have even seen members of your group
    > actually give helpful advice.
    >
    > I began reading this NG while trying to decide if MCSE was
    > a certification that I wanted to pursue. I have since
    > decided that I have a long way to go to even begin. I seem
    > to have a knack when it come to computers and can usually
    > figure out what is wrong with them. I do not have any
    > experience in IT. I have decided to give the MSDST a shot
    > and go from there. I also plan to get my A+ certification.
    >
    > Keep up the fight against dumpers and "paper" certs. I
    > will continue to read this group and even post once in a
    > while.
    >
    > Lost

    nah, the MCNGP'ers are just a bunch of computer geeks with cushy jobs,
    not enough work to do and no one to supervise them. :)

    for the newbie up and comers; watch, look & learn from those that have
    treaded these dreaded IT waters before you.

    once you have been doing this for a while - you get the point where:
    - "up" is not an option
    - "down" is a definate possibility
    - "coasting" is your reality

    well y'all. i haven't been posting much lately 'cause been busy with
    work. machine, firewall, switch, app and virus problems left right and
    center. on top of that, my budget recently got slashed big time and i
    have no cash to hire part-timers until the next fiscal. so it's back to
    "Hans Solo time" for a while. :-(

    i finished my MCSE 2003 upgrades (whoo-hoo!). i don't think i will give
    Billy Bob and Micro$oft any more of my company's money. i could go for
    the MCSE+S - but what's the point really? i will probably invest my time
    into learning PIX and maybe pursue a Cisco cert. we'll see. in the
    meantime, if i don't visit for a while. it's been fun. and don't forget
    to wear clean undies.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, May 12, 2004

  3. Lost

    Neil Guest

    "Lost" <no_one@no_where.com> wrote in news:ba9e01c437ce$3b5874e0
    $:

    > To be honest, when I first started reading this NG, I was
    > certain that you were just a cruel and mean group of
    > people who got their kicks from tormenting innocent people
    > who came to the NG for help.

    sounds like fun doesn't it?

    > I have read a lot of your posts. Yes you can be cruel at
    > times, but only to the trolls and dumpers. You do spend a
    > lot of time on off topic stuff, but that's your
    > prerogative. I have even seen members of your group
    > actually give helpful advice.

    oops, helpful advice? that was a an accident, I swear it was.

    > I began reading this NG while trying to decide if MCSE was
    > a certification that I wanted to pursue. I have since
    > decided that I have a long way to go to even begin. I seem
    > to have a knack when it come to computers and can usually
    > figure out what is wrong with them. I do not have any
    > experience in IT. I have decided to give the MSDST a shot
    > and go from there. I also plan to get my A+ certification.

    start at the bottom and work your way up, I like that.

    > Keep up the fight against dumpers and "paper" certs. I
    > will continue to read this group and even post once in a
    > while.

    they will recieve the abuse they deserve

    > Lost

    I hope you find yourself. Have you looked in the cracks of the couch? I
    find a lot of change there....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 12, 2004
  4. Sigh, even cisco certs are getting more 'paper' by the day. I tested through my CCNA and CCNP with nothing but a few routers, books, scenarios and some real life experience. All these cisco bootcamps make my cry. For the money you pay, you could but an entire lab and actually get the experience! But they're like any other cert, just paper unless you can back them with experience (and I think HR folks are starting to realize that). At least the CCIE is still somewhat hard to get

    -ewiley

    =?Utf-8?B?ZXdpbGV5?=, May 17, 2004