Deals at Noel Leemings. DOH!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PeeCee, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.

    On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.

    Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..

    LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
    brand new at other retailers.

    Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    Several others of similar spec & price.

    DOH!!!!!
    PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
    parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    (and 7 in stock)

    What a bunch of gormless twit's

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 29, 2007

  2. PeeCee

    Rob Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    > In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
    >
    > On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
    >
    > Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
    >
    > LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
    > brand new at other retailers.
    >
    > Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    > Several others of similar spec & price.
    >
    > DOH!!!!!
    > PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
    > parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    > (and 7 in stock)
    >
    > What a bunch of gormless twit's
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
    that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
    there are for computer stuff.
    Rob, Mar 30, 2007

  3. PeeCee

    Kent Smith Guest

    PeeCee wrote:
    > In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
    >
    > On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
    >
    > Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
    >
    > LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER
    > than brand new at other retailers.
    >
    > Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    > Several others of similar spec & price.
    >
    > DOH!!!!!
    > PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all
    > the parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    > (and 7 in stock)
    >
    > What a bunch of gormless twit's

    No, they have gormless customers that buy stuff at these prices. :)

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Mar 30, 2007
  4. PeeCee

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:28:02 +1200, "Rob" <>
    exclaimed:

    >"PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
    >>
    >> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
    >>
    >> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
    >>
    >> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
    >> brand new at other retailers.
    >>
    >> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    >> Several others of similar spec & price.
    >>
    >> DOH!!!!!
    >> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
    >> parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    >> (and 7 in stock)
    >>
    >> What a bunch of gormless twit's
    >>
    >> Best
    >> Paul.
    >>

    >Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
    >that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
    >there are for computer stuff.

    Making a sustainable profit margin in order to provide service is not
    "ripping people off".

    Well, it wouldn't be if Noel Leeming provided good service, anyway...

    --

    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's
    fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F,
    it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

    Best Rant of the Year Award:

    "Interesting to see the Green bastard even at a supermarket shopping, instead
    of living off the land growing his own food. At least he's helped to keep the
    cogs and polution of industry going by shopping at supermarkets which sell
    products from large filthy factories [that] use stinking diesel trucks
    polluting the damn countryside just to get the goods to Nandor's favourite
    supermarket. Well done Nandor you two faced tax paid good for nothing bastard"

    - E. Scrooge (1/3/2007), a little unhappy about the Green's proposal to ban
    supermarket bags...
    Fred Dagg, Mar 30, 2007
  5. PeeCee

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:
    > PeeCee wrote:
    >> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
    >>
    >> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
    >>
    >> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
    >>
    >> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER
    >> than brand new at other retailers.
    >>
    >> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    >> Several others of similar spec & price.
    >>
    >> DOH!!!!!
    >> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all
    >> the parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    >> (and 7 in stock)
    >>
    >> What a bunch of gormless twit's
    >>

    > No, they have gormless customers that buy stuff at these prices. :)
    >

    > -KENT

    It is that they offer hire purchase!!! and other options. Its a way to
    spend more money the easy way!

    Robert Cooze, Mar 30, 2007
  6. On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:02:05 +1200, PeeCee wrote:

    > LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
    > brand new at other retailers.
    >
    > Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    > Several others of similar spec & price.
    >
    > DOH!!!!!
    > PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
    > parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    > (and 7 in stock)
    >
    > What a bunch of gormless twit's

    I presume that you're thinking about the customers who will buy those
    expensive bits of gear. :eek:)

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 31, 2007
  7. PeeCee

    CM Guest

    On 30 Mar, 13:28, "Rob" <> wrote:
    > "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    > > In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.

    > > On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.

    > > Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..

    > > LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
    > > brand new at other retailers.

    > > Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
    > > Several others of similar spec & price.

    > > DOH!!!!!
    > > PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
    > > parts included for $329.00 including GST.
    > > (and 7 in stock)

    > > What a bunch of gormless twit's

    > > Best
    > > Paul.

    > Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
    > that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
    > there are for computer stuff.- Hide quoted text -

    It's the entire principle of successful business- buy low, sell HIGH!
    CM, Mar 31, 2007