Dealing with the frustration known as....70-292

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by William, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. William

    William Guest

    This is more of just a general comment/vent so feel free to ignore the
    blathering.

    What a BEAR of an exam. I took it last month with my usual prep and failed
    with a 590. So... I knuckled down, studied like a madman, purchased
    Transcender in order to get my head into "test mode", and generally lived
    70-292 for a while.

    Failed again. Just over 600 this time.

    I am beginning to suspect that the combined breadth and depth of knowledge
    covered by this exam is far too great for a mere 40 questions -- some of
    which "may not be graded" and are essentially beta questions.

    There is definately a test-creation theory somewhere that would bounce this
    exam for having so few questions to cover such a large swath of knowledge.
    Fortunately, I have a free re-take or I would seriously consider putting my
    certification on hold and go do my Cisco CCNA while they get this exam sorted
    out.

    William, Mar 31, 2005

  2. William

    fmsmcse Guest

    Welcome to the jungle dude, I did the same and failed twice.
    Used Transcender, but the exam was far # from it.

    Even 70-216 was not that difficult, at least it was difficult, but not full
    of fool question, measuring nothing, but not used stuff.

    fmsmcse, Apr 1, 2005

  3. William

    T-Bone Guest

    "William" <> wrote
    > What a BEAR of an exam. I took it last month with my usual prep and failed
    > with a 590. So... I knuckled down, studied like a madman, purchased
    > Transcender in order to get my head into "test mode", and generally lived
    > 70-292 for a while.

    I hear you. We've all been there (or are going to be there).

    Out of interest. What materials have you been using to study?

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Apr 1, 2005
  4. William

    T-Bone Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote
    > Welcome to the jungle dude, I did the same and failed twice.

    Yes, but referring to your earlier post about using Testking, you cheated.
    So its not quite the same. Failing is what will happen if you use
    br@indumps.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Apr 1, 2005
  5. William

    fmsmcse Guest

    Thanks, but I didn't ask for your advice on how/what to study and besides the
    money I wast on this is mine, not yours.

    Vai tomar no seu cú!

    fmsmcse, Apr 1, 2005
  6. William

    T-Bone Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote

    T-Bone, Apr 1, 2005
  7. William

    T-Bone Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote
    > Thanks, but I didn't ask for your advice on how/what to study and besides

    the
    > money I wast on this is mine, not yours.

    Yes, but your cheating affects all of us. So expect to receive such
    treatment wherever you post.

    > Vai tomar no seu cú!

    Sua filha vem a minha casa e retrocede meu cão.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Apr 1, 2005
  8. William

    fmsmcse Guest

    Foda-se que afeta você, quem mandou ser um perdedor?

    E vê se aprende a falar minha lingua primeiro antes de tentar, seu limitado.

    fmsmcse, Apr 1, 2005
  9. William

    T-Bone Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote
    > Foda-se que afeta você, quem mandou ser um perdedor?

    You say bad word...

    T-Bone, Apr 1, 2005
  10. William

    William Guest

    > I hear you. We've all been there (or are going to be there).
    >
    > Out of interest. What materials have you been using to study?
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL

    Mainly the Microsoft Press book... I set up my 2 PCs at home as a lab
    environment and went through the exercises presented in the MS material. I
    have done a few 2003 server rollouts, though all of them in the Small/Medium
    business evironments... nothing like the: "You are network administrator of
    Company.Com with 5 MILLION Server 2003 Directory Controllers, and 1 BILLION
    XP clients - with 5 thousand sites and 500 child domains" (Hyperbole, I
    know...)

    I did pick up Transcender for this exam also, as it is always nice to get
    into the right frame of mind on how questions are presented.

    I would spit out some examples of questions I had trouble with.... but that
    would violate the NDA :)

    William, Apr 5, 2005
  11. Out of curiosity, is the 70-292 merely a combination of the 70-290 and
    70-291 tests or does it contain material or objectives not covered in
    those tests?

    If it is, maybe people studying for the 70-292 would benefit from going
    through 70-290 + 70-291 study guides. Sure, it may increase your study
    time, but you know you would be getting a thorough grasp of the
    material then, and subjects that you were already familiar with you
    could skip.

    blastingfonda, Apr 5, 2005
  12. William

    catwalker63 Guest

    "blastingfonda" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Out of curiosity, is the 70-292 merely a combination of the 70-290 and
    > 70-291 tests or does it contain material or objectives not covered in
    > those tests?
    >
    > If it is, maybe people studying for the 70-292 would benefit from going
    > through 70-290 + 70-291 study guides. Sure, it may increase your study
    > time, but you know you would be getting a thorough grasp of the
    > material then, and subjects that you were already familiar with you
    > could skip.

    I think someone also recommended going through the material for the
    security admin exam as well for 292.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
    deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain

    catwalker63, Apr 5, 2005
  13. William

    sb Guest

    It might be good to also read all of Microsoft's Technet and Support websites
    as well as the the Windows 2003 Server product site. Many of the questions
    are pulled from these sources. A good dose of practice on DNS in an
    applicable enviornment would also be of assistance.

    sb, Apr 6, 2005
  14. William

    fmsmcse Guest

    Let's give them some feedback......... I did it through the link below:

    http://web.survey-poll.com/bin/surv...3-4898-B98B-140FA95D6E44&lang=en&geo=NZL&pf=2

    fmsmcse, Apr 9, 2005