    and can i get it replaced, if so how, i bought it from ebay so icant send it
    back to the shops

    dave

    Dragon, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    Every retailer I looked at never mentioned any DTS track so I dont know
    where you got that from. I've yet to see a tv series released in DTS either
    have you?

    If it was in the description in an eBay auction, well, thats your
    fault...eBay sux...just like KMart Ray...

    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=HBD092430

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...472925?v=glance&n=130&n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

    Biz, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Dragon

    Large Farva Guest

    Large Farva, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Ok guys same question the region1 boxset says DTS 5.1 for the language
    > but it doesnt have it, does anyone else have the boxset and could
    > confirm this and can i get it replaced, if so how, i bought it from
    > ebay so icant send it back to the shops

    You bought a bootleg. Deadwood was not issued with DTS in any region.

    All "Asian Collector's Series" DVDs on eBay are bootlegs.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Dragon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Every retailer I looked at never mentioned any DTS track so I dont
    > know
    > where you got that from. I've yet to see a tv series released in DTS
    > either
    > have you?

    Twin Peaks is the only TV series box set released in DTS that I know of.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 9, 2005
  6. Dragon

    Sean Black Guest

    In article <32mcf.6742$>,
    Joshua Zyber <> writes
    >"Biz" <> wrote in message
    >> Every retailer I looked at never mentioned any DTS track so I dont
    >> know
    >> where you got that from. I've yet to see a tv series released in DTS
    >> either
    >> have you?

    >Twin Peaks is the only TV series box set released in DTS that I know of.

    Band of Brothers has DTS.
    --
    Sean Black

    Sean Black, Nov 9, 2005
  7. Dragon

    jayembee Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote:

    > "Dragon" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ok guys same question the region1 boxset says DTS 5.1 for the language
    >> but it doesnt have it, does anyone else have the boxset and could
    >> confirm this and can i get it replaced, if so how, i bought it from
    >> ebay so icant send it back to the shops

    > You bought a bootleg. Deadwood was not issued with DTS in any region.

    And, in fact, an authentic Region 1 set doesn't even *say* that it has DTS.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 9, 2005
  8. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    My friend in the usa has emailed me telling me his has dts on the box but
    not have the actual dts sound so i think he is right

    shelley

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005
  9. Dragon

    Large Farva Guest

    "Chelcie" <> wrote in message
    > My friend in the usa has emailed me telling me his has dts on the box but
    > not have the actual dts sound so i think he is right
    >
    > shelley

    I'm in the USA and mine does not say DTS. None of the online stores say DTS.
    The official website does not say DTS.

    It don't have DTS.

    If it says DTS, it's a fake.

    Large Farva, Nov 9, 2005
  10. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    Your friend bought a bootleg copy, probably on eBay....

    Biz, Nov 9, 2005
  11. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    possibly i didnt ask all i know its the 6 disc version, i will check where
    he got it

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005
  12. Dragon

    Justin Guest

    Dragon wrote on [Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:17:03 GMT]:
    > front cover

    Keep your binary shit away from text groups

    Justin, Nov 9, 2005
  13. Dragon

    Justin Guest

    Dragon wrote on [Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:17:26 GMT]:
    > cd

    Keep your binary shit away from text groups. You top posting prick.

    Justin, Nov 9, 2005
  14. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Sorry guys i disagree, one the bootleg is 7 discs all the bootlegs i know
    off, and mine doesn't have any foreign writing on it at all look at some
    pics by the way,
    i have posted if they come through, also the version i won was bought from
    Amazon.com as the receipt
    still in the box and also the box itself is embossed see pics and all in
    neat pull
    out box inside the main box which opens to a separate gatefold box with the
    six
    dvds in clear case on top of each other. if you know what i mean, have a
    look, even the UPC matches the
    USA version including all covers, the box is identical to the amazon.com and
    dvdpacific and dvdsoon box, i cant see the
    back thats why i have posted the pics here for you too judge. all i can say
    if its a bootleg its a bloody good one

    Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think

    Dave

    Dragon, Nov 9, 2005
  15. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Dragon wrote on [Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:17:03 GMT]:
    >> front cover
    >>

    > Keep your binary shit away from text groups

    no pics dave how can we look, what is you problem justin

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005
  16. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry guys i disagree, one the bootleg is 7 discs all the bootlegs i know
    > off, and mine doesn't have any foreign writing on it at all look at some
    > pics by the way,
    > i have posted if they come through, also the version i won was bought from
    > Amazon.com as the receipt
    > still in the box and also the box itself is embossed see pics and all in
    > neat pull
    > out box inside the main box which opens to a separate gatefold box with
    > the six
    > dvds in clear case on top of each other. if you know what i mean, have a
    > look, even the UPC matches the
    > USA version including all covers, the box is identical to the amazon.com
    > and dvdpacific and dvdsoon box, i cant see the
    > back thats why i have posted the pics here for you too judge. all i can
    > say if its a bootleg its a bloody good one
    >
    > Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok guys same question the region1 boxset says DTS 5.1 for the language
    >> but it doesnt have it, does anyone else have the boxset and could confirm
    >> this and can i get it replaced, if so how, i bought it from ebay so icant
    >> send it back to the shops
    >>
    >> dave

    Dave send me the pics through email if these K****ds don't want to see, I
    will look and let you know if it is a bootleg, what wrong with people on
    these NGs and what is binary shit Justin, its only pics of covers virus free
    I presume

    Shelley

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005
  17. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    "Chelcie" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry guys i disagree, one the bootleg is 7 discs all the bootlegs i know
    >> off, and mine doesn't have any foreign writing on it at all look at some
    >> pics by the way,
    >> i have posted if they come through, also the version i won was bought
    >> from Amazon.com as the receipt
    >> still in the box and also the box itself is embossed see pics and all in
    >> neat pull
    >> out box inside the main box which opens to a separate gatefold box with
    >> the six
    >> dvds in clear case on top of each other. if you know what i mean, have a
    >> look, even the UPC matches the
    >> USA version including all covers, the box is identical to the amazon.com
    >> and dvdpacific and dvdsoon box, i cant see the
    >> back thats why i have posted the pics here for you too judge. all i can
    >> say if its a bootleg its a bloody good one
    >>
    >> Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>
    >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >>> Ok guys same question the region1 boxset says DTS 5.1 for the language
    >>> but it doesnt have it, does anyone else have the boxset and could
    >>> confirm this and can i get it replaced, if so how, i bought it from ebay
    >>> so icant send it back to the shops
    >>>
    >>> dave
    >>>

    > Dave send me the pics through email if these K****ds don't want to see, I
    > will look and let you know if it is a bootleg, what wrong with people on
    > these NGs and what is binary shit Justin, its only pics of covers virus
    > free I presume
    >
    > Shelley

    Ok guys I am not sure on this one Dave has sent me pics of front, back and
    cd and to be honest yes it looks original, but the region1 boxset i have
    seen on ebay is different slightly. so it could be a canadain version or
    just another region1 version, not sure what other region 1 apart from us and
    canada there is.

    shelley

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005
  18. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    "Chelcie" <> wrote in message

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > > Dragon wrote on [Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:17:03 GMT]:
    > >> front cover
    > >>

    > > Keep your binary shit away from text groups

    > no pics dave how can we look, what is you problem justin

    You post the pics in a binary NG and provide a link to them here. That is
    the way its done. If you dont know that because you are new to usenet, ask
    and learn about whats proper and improper use of newsgroups...

    Biz, Nov 9, 2005
  19. Dragon

    Biz Guest

    Quit relying on eBay for "official" descriptions of retail dvds...always use
    the big etailers, even if you choose to buy elsewhere, the product details
    have a much greater chance of being accurate. You'll notice that most

    Biz, Nov 9, 2005
  20. Dragon

    Chelcie Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Quit relying on eBay for "official" descriptions of retail dvds...always
    > use
    > the big etailers, even if you choose to buy elsewhere, the product details
    > have a much greater chance of being accurate. You'll notice that most
    >

    > "Chelcie" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Chelcie" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > know

    > some

    > in

    > amazon.com

    > can

    > ebay

    >> > Dave send me the pics through email if these K****ds don't want to see,

    >> > will look and let you know if it is a bootleg, what wrong with people
    >> > on
    >> > these NGs and what is binary shit Justin, its only pics of covers virus
    >> > free I presume
    >> >
    >> > Shelley
    >> >

    >> Ok guys I am not sure on this one Dave has sent me pics of front, back
    >> and
    >> cd and to be honest yes it looks original, but the region1 boxset i have
    >> seen on ebay is different slightly. so it could be a canadain version or
    >> just another region1 version, not sure what other region 1 apart from us

    > and
    >> canada there is.
    >>
    >> shelley

    Hi biz your right m8 but not every one knows this, in daves email he told me
    with the pics that the man on ebay he bought it from told him it was an
    original region 1 and came from amazon.com, I believe him and the pics he
    sent me do look original, but not the same as the ones I have actually seen
    on ebay with pictures of the boxset open with all the box and discs showing.
    Daves doesn't even come with any booklets or inlays.

    daves box opens up from left to right with the discs stacked on top of each
    other from disc one down to disc 6 in what I can explain to be dvds holders
    with dvd on the top of the plastic case. also the artwork also looks
    original, no Asian or Chinese writing on them and on the back cover proper
    region 1 and all the usual writing about extras.

    He might be new to the way people sell on ebay and if he thought the seller
    was genuine its not his fault, he also told me that he never bought it for
    the dts just because the region 1 was more superior than the region 2 Uk
    edition, I also agree a lot of bootlegs and import seem to be 7 discs and
    not 6, I told him it could be another region 1, possible Japan or Chinese
    but I am sure they have Chinese writing on the box which his didn't. If I
    could put the pics on here you would understand where he's coming from

    any comments welcome biz

    Chelcie, Nov 9, 2005