    Lionel
    www.cameraart.ca
    Body piercing - acupuncture treatment for mental illness.
    Lionello, Aug 8, 2003

  2. (Lionello) wrote in news:sumer-0808030814110001
    @u39n178.pei.eastlink.ca:

    > If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
    > I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

    Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
    - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
    the thing in the nearest trash bin.

    Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Lionello

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <Xns93D18FE17F52Arolandkarlssonchello@130.133.1.4>,
    Roland Karlsson <> wrote:

    > (Lionello) wrote in news:sumer-0808030814110001
    > @u39n178.pei.eastlink.ca:
    >
    > > If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
    > > I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

    > Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
    > - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
    > the thing in the nearest trash bin.

    That's what I did with my 900.
    Never again!

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Lionello

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Check out Google Groups
    comp.periphs.printers

    But search with an argument like Epson 1200 clogged head.

    There have been lots of discussions and suggestions on this problem.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Lionello

    Annika1980 Guest

    >Roland Karlsson <> wrote:
    >

    >> Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
    >> - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
    >> the thing in the nearest trash bin.

    That problem has never manifested itself in my Epson 1270.

    Epson makes the best inkjet printers .... Period. So don't buy any more. You
    just won't have the best inkjet printer.
    Annika1980, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Lionello

    HRosita Guest

    > wrote:

    >That problem has never manifested itself in my Epson 1270.

    Ditto.
    Just as a precaution I do run a cleaning cycle just to make sure before I print
    a 13x19 picture.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Ditto on my Epson Photo 700. It developed other nasty problems too right
    after the warranty was up, such as the heads constantly slamming against the
    side of the printer. I'd swear the thing was suicidal, and it got it's wish
    in the end. Anyways, if I did buy something it would probably be a Canon due
    to the removable heads. Easier to clean should a clog develop, and with two
    heads you can swap easily; one for color and one for B&W such as
    piezography. Right now, though, I'm more than happy when it comes to Nortisu
    prints from a local mini-lab (though haven't tried B&W on it yet).

    Katie Piecrust, Aug 8, 2003
  8. Ron Hunter <> wrote in news:e1SYa.30734$sN.29288
    @fe14.atl2.webusenet.com:

    > Am on my 5th HP printer. NEVER had a clogging problem. I suspect that
    > the non-smear, long-lasting ink Epson uses has something to do with the
    > problem.

    Yes it has. Epson is using pigment ink. This means that there are
    tiny particles in the ink instead of a colored solution. Much,
    much, much harder make a printer head for pigment ink.

    Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 8, 2003