    Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
    set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
    received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.
    AAbrams0264, Oct 2, 2003

  2. AAbrams0264

    jayembee Guest

    ojunk (AAbrams0264) wrote:

    > Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes
    > with the first season set?

    Sent for, not received yet.

    > I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed,
    > but I've haven't received the disc. Thanks in advance for
    > any info.

    It might help if you were more specific than "some time ago".
    I sent my check on 8/28, and it cleared my bank on 9/15. The
    general mail-in offer waiting period is "6-8 weeks", so I
    figure I have another month to a month-and-a-half to go.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 2, 2003

  3. AAbrams0264

    AAbrams0264 Guest

    << It might help if you were more specific than "some time ago". >>
    I sent my check in on 8/5 so I guess I should expect it shortly - Thanks for
    your reply - Alan
    AAbrams0264, Oct 3, 2003
  4. "AAbrams0264" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first

    season
    > set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've

    haven't
    > received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

    I got it about a month ago. I sent the check in the week it was released.
    Brandon Fisher, Oct 3, 2003
  5. AAbrams0264

    Writer R5 Guest

    I hope to review it soon.

    Mark
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
    Writer R5, Oct 3, 2003
  6. On 02 Oct 2003 14:36:47 GMT, AAbrams0264 <> scribbled:
    > Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
    > set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
    > received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

    Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot episode
    disk released previously?

    VJM
    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 3, 2003
  7. AAbrams0264

    Jdamen Guest

    I just got mine and only ordered it a month ago. Officially the disc contains
    the unaired pilot with commentary, deleted and alternate scenes and season two
    promo spots. Really cool additional disc but damn, couldn't they have just
    given it to us to start with?
    Jdamen, Oct 3, 2003
  8. AAbrams0264

    jayembee Guest

    "Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote:

    > Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot
    > episode disk released previously?

    No. What would be the point in making people go through hoops
    to get a copy, if it was something they could simply get at
    their local Best Buy?

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 3, 2003
  9. AAbrams0264

    jayembee Guest

    (Jdamen) wrote:

    > I just got mine and only ordered it a month ago. Officially
    > the disc contains the unaired pilot with commentary, deleted
    > and alternate scenes and season two promo spots. Really cool
    > additional disc but damn, couldn't they have just given it
    > to us to start with?

    Yes, the could've, but they do it this way for marketing
    reasons. First, it helps them gauge interest in this sort
    of thing (or simply how much effort people are willing to
    go through to get this sort of thing). Secondly, notice
    that the card presented other offers such as other related
    DVDs, and a soundtrack CD. They likely thought that they
    could boost sales on those items by getting people to buy
    those as long as they were sending in for the "free" bonus
    DVD.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 3, 2003
  10. AAbrams0264

    Smaug69 Guest

    "Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 02 Oct 2003 14:36:47 GMT, AAbrams0264 <> scribbled:
    > > Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
    > > set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
    > > received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

    > Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot episode
    > disk released previously?

    No. The standalone "pilot" that was released on DVD previously is not
    the real pilot. It is the first two episodes of the series that aired-
    Wheel of Fortune and What It Seems- combined into basically a feature
    length film.

    The bonus DVD is the unaired pilot for the series.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Oct 3, 2003
  11. On 3 Oct 2003 05:03:48 -0700, jayembee <> scribbled:
    > "Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot
    >> episode disk released previously?

    > No. What would be the point in making people go through hoops
    > to get a copy, if it was something they could simply get at
    > their local Best Buy?

    Er, somewhat free vs 19.99, perhaps? What's the point
    of making people jump through hoops for something they
    should have just included in the set?

    VJM
    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 3, 2003
  12. On 3 Oct 2003 05:07:16 -0700, jayembee <> scribbled:
    > (Jdamen) wrote:
    >
    >> I just got mine and only ordered it a month ago. Officially
    >> the disc contains the unaired pilot with commentary, deleted
    >> and alternate scenes and season two promo spots. Really cool
    >> additional disc but damn, couldn't they have just given it
    >> to us to start with?

    > Yes, the could've, but they do it this way for marketing
    > reasons. First, it helps them gauge interest in this sort
    > of thing (or simply how much effort people are willing to
    > go through to get this sort of thing). Secondly, notice
    > that the card presented other offers such as other related
    > DVDs, and a soundtrack CD. They likely thought that they
    > could boost sales on those items by getting people to buy
    > those as long as they were sending in for the "free" bonus
    > DVD.

    Not only that, but now they can claim they have an
    existing relationship with you and telemarket the heck out
    of you, I guess. :)

    Anyhow, my problem is that I lost the receipt long ago. :)
    Oh well.

    VJM
    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 3, 2003