    since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
    (average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe five?
    Greets

    Ethan, Feb 26, 2004

  2. "Ethan" <> wrote in message
    news:c1l5l5$5aj$...
    > Forgive me my not good english.
    > I'm new to digital photography. I have canon a70 digital camera and I

    heard
    > something about dead pixels. I would like to know how soon they can

    apear
    > since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
    > (average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe

    five?
    > Greets

    It could even be just a few weeks, but most cameras have software which
    can "map out" such dead pixels. So if you notice such a problem, just run
    the deal pixel remapping software.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Don't know about sensors, but in the vast majority of electronic devices,
    the failures are "infant mortality" problems and if the thing works for a
    couple of weeks or a month it'll likely not change very much over its useful
    life.

    Mechanical systems that wear out are a different story.

    William Jackson, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Ethan

    Bob Dunlop Guest

    Hi Ethan,

    All digital cameras will at some time be subject to dead pixels. Check out
    the Nikon Forum at http://www.dpreview.com/ It has some good articles on
    pixel remapping with some leads to software etc.

    Cheers,

    Bob D

    Bob Dunlop, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Ethan