    Matalog Guest

    A dead pixel appears in every shot I take at iso 1600, is this normal or in
    anyway acceptable?
    Matalog, Aug 25, 2007

  2. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    My camera is a 400d.

    Matalog, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Matalog

    Savageduck Guest

    On 2007-08-25 09:34:54 -0700, "Matalog" <> said:

    > My camera is a 400d.
    >

    > "Matalog" <> wrote in message
    >> A dead pixel appears in every shot I take at iso 1600, is this normal
    >> or in anyway acceptable?

    Forget the issues of manufacturer until you have to deal with repar or
    warranty.
    What you haven't made clear, is:
    Is the dead pixel on your LCD? If so, unless you are worried about
    perrfect equipment, live with it. You should have no effect on computer
    or print.
    If you are seeing what you believe to be a dead pixel in the same
    position on open jpeg or RAW files in your photo editor, you may have a
    more serious problem than just a single dead pixel.
    This may require warranty referal to the manufacturer.
    A single dead pixel on a sensor is unlikely, and would be almost
    imposible to detect on a print or on screen.
    --
    ð ¹ 4 ·Æ
    Savageduck, Aug 25, 2007
  4. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    If you can go to alt.binaries.photos.original, I have posted a 100% crop
    there. Every 1600 iso shot I take has this red dot (maybe white in the
    middle) in the same spot.

    Thanks for any help.

    Matt.

    Matalog, Aug 25, 2007
  5. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    And i've just noticed it is showing on iso 200 images too, just not as
    noticable. I don't think that it was showing on images when I first took
    pictures with this camera.

    I have had this camera for 1 1/2 months now and only noticed this today
    because photoshop and ACR hide dead pixels. I was using DPP because it
    cleans the noise better than ACR and noticed the red spot.

    Matalog, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Matalog

    Savageduck Guest

    On 2007-08-25 10:53:42 -0700, "Matalog" <> said:

    > And i've just noticed it is showing on iso 200 images too, just not as
    > noticable. I don't think that it was showing on images when I first
    > took pictures with this camera.
    >
    > I have had this camera for 1 1/2 months now and only noticed this today
    > because photoshop and ACR hide dead pixels. I was using DPP because it
    > cleans the noise better than ACR and noticed the red spot.

    It seems you have a real sensor problem, not just high ISO noise. I
    think the time has come to test the Canon warranty. I would demand a
    replacement. Éor maybe they would compensate you for all your anguish
    with a bright shiney 3DsMIII :)
    Good luck
    --
    ð ¹ 4 ·Æ