    The camera is less than a year old .

    Thanks

    Simon

    XBOX Snippets, Sep 29, 2004

  2. XBOX Snippets

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:59:16 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "XBOX Snippets"
    <> wrote:

    >Just got back from an amazing holiday in Canada with upto 400 digital pic
    >between me and my wife.
    >
    >To moy horror, at first, I thought my TFT monitor had grown a dead pixel,
    >but under further inspection, the dead pixel is only there on pics taken
    >with my wifes digi Nikon coolpix camera.
    >
    >Is it possible that the coolpix has a defective pixel in the camera ? Is
    >this something that happens with digital cameras ??
    >
    >The camera is less than a year old .

    If still under warranty you could send it in the Nikon and have the bad
    pixel mapped out, I believe for free.

    There are programs available to do this yourself for certain Coolpix, one I
    and a few others in this forum have used is available at:
    http://e2500.narod.ru/index_e.htm
    See Defect pixels map.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Ed Ruf wrote:
    []
    > There are programs available to do this yourself for certain Coolpix,
    > one I and a few others in this forum have used is available at:
    > http://e2500.narod.ru/index_e.htm
    > See Defect pixels map.

    Just to confirm that I have sucessfully used cpixmap V0.15 for the 5700
    (firmware 1.1) with a USB connection and cPix V2.4 for the same job on a
    990 also on USB.

    cPix is at: http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm

    Cheers,
    David