    help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
    machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Matt Wiggins, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Matt Wiggins

    x Guest

    ever thought of checking if there is any shorts circuits cause if you had
    one you motherboard might have been affected, or might be just the
    connection power supply goes in that might be defect. im no electrician
    expert but you never know.
    %EBEe.3771$U%...

    x, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Matt Wiggins

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Matt Wiggins, <> wrote:

    > I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died.

    Cool, get me an older diminsion 2100 which has recently died.

    > When I push the power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights,
    > etc.) I tried a new power supply but that did not help.

    Sorry I can't help.

    > Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't help.

    You've never been to Phoenix?

    > I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
    > machine is plugged up (power)

    Can't help you there. I do not like computers much.

    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    You whore.

    > Thanks.

    Thanks a lot for telling me.

    pcbutts1, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Matt Wiggins

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Matt Wiggins" <> wrote in message
    >I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
    >power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
    >power supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that
    >didn't help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on
    >when the machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly
    >appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Check for leaking or bulging capacitors on the mobo as well as any screws
    under it that could short it out. Otherwise, I'd suspect the mobo itself.

    Mark Mandell, Jul 24, 2005
  5. Matt Wiggins

    Steve Guest

    >I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
    >power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
    >power supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that
    >didn't help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on
    >when the machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly
    >appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    When you put the new PSU in did you use a Dell? If not then you fried it for
    sure. Dell uses a proprietary PSU... the plug looks the same but the pin
    arrangment is different.

    Steve, Jul 25, 2005
  6. your processor I think is died.
    (Or your full mainboard)