  1. If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
    dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
    enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

    Doug Cunningly, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Doug Cunningly

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:34:51 GMT, Doug Cunningly
    <> spake thusly:

    >If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
    >dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
    >enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

    <laugh>

    I'm sorry, that just seemed funny. No offense. :)

    --

    Pastor Dave

    Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Doug Cunningly

    Splibbilla Guest

    Pastor Dave <> in

    >>If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them
    >>are dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when
    >>you hit enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

    empty tabs happen a lot when i'm clicking "open in new tab" rapidly along a webpage (such as clicking useful-looking links,
    among search results) and wanting the pages to open in the background. one of the best features of tabbed browsing, IMO!

    i try to watch the tabs for empties, and then redo those "missing clicks" before i forget which links i wanted. following this is
    not too hard, because the tabs open in order

    empty tabs happens in moz suite, too

    Splibbilla, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Doug Cunningly

    zutroi Guest

    Doug Cunningly wrote:
    > If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
    > dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
    > enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

    yep. i don't get the "dead" windows, i just get dead processes lying
    around, needing to be killed. i have 2gb of ram, and if i click on
    links from Thunderbird too quickly, the Firefox processes run but
    don't pop up. this has happened for several versions, it's not just
    1.05 or 1.06...

    bob

    zutroi, Jul 22, 2005