Dead 20 years and now I have a question for him. Heck

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him anything...
    now I just recalled something...but only partially.

    Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really* famous
    in a restaurant.

    My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    meal...could I have your autograph please?"

    The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."

    I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    would have done had the situation been reversed.

    Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .

    Who knows?

    philo, Aug 27, 2007

  2. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    > anything...
    > now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >
    > Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    > famous
    > in a restaurant.
    >
    > My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    > meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >
    > The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >
    > I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    > would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >
    > Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >
    > Who knows?

    Kewl!

    I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local Chinese
    restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007

  3. philo

    eoiajvoeijn Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:03:52 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    >> anything...
    >> now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>
    >> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    >> famous
    >> in a restaurant.
    >>
    >> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>
    >> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >>
    >> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>
    >> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>
    >> Who knows?
    >>

    >Kewl!
    >
    >I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local Chinese
    >restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    >go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    >got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)

    Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    eoiajvoeijn, Aug 27, 2007
  4. philo

    Guest

    eoiajvoeijn <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:03:52 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    ><frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    >>> anything...
    >>> now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>>
    >>> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    >>> famous
    >>> in a restaurant.
    >>>
    >>> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >>> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>>
    >>> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >>> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>>
    >>> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>>
    >>> Who knows?
    >>>

    >>Kewl!

    >>I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local Chinese
    >>restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    >>go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    >>got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)

    >Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    I've heard Aerosmith!!

    Small world indeed...

    --

    Ohio flood aftermath
    http://sevenels.net/flood/07flood.html

    , Aug 27, 2007
  5. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "eoiajvoeijn" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:03:52 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    > <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    >>> anything...
    >>> now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>>
    >>> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    >>> famous
    >>> in a restaurant.
    >>>
    >>> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >>> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>>
    >>> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my
    >>> meal."
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >>> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>>
    >>> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>>
    >>> Who knows?
    >>>

    >>Kewl!
    >>
    >>I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local
    >>Chinese
    >>restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    >>go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    >>got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)
    >>

    > Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    Pretty kewl too <g>! I haven't square danced in years - I was pretty good in
    the '70's :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007
  6. philo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:51:04 -0500, philo wrote:

    > My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    > anything... now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >
    > Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    > famous in a restaurant.
    >
    > My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    > meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >
    > The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my
    > meal."
    >
    > I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    > would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >
    > Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >
    > Who knows?

    I once pissed in Charles Aznavour's tea. True.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, Aug 27, 2007
  7. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:51:04 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    >> anything... now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>
    >> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    >> famous in a restaurant.
    >>
    >> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>
    >> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my
    >> meal."
    >>
    >> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>
    >> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>
    >> Who knows?

    > I once pissed in Charles Aznavour's tea. True.

    Never heard of him. But I'm sure there's a special place in Valhalla for
    you.

    =?UTF-8?B?UsO0Z8Oqcg==?=, Aug 27, 2007
  8. philo

    Rick Merrill Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "eoiajvoeijn" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:03:52 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    >> <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "philo" <> wrote in message

    >>> Kewl!
    >>>
    >>> I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local
    >>> Chinese
    >>> restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    >>> go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    >>> got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)
    >>>

    >> Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    > Pretty kewl too <g>! I haven't square danced in years - I was pretty good in
    > the '70's :)

    And now you're in your 80's?!

    Rick Merrill, Aug 27, 2007
  9. Rick Merrill wrote:
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "eoiajvoeijn" <> wrote in message

    >>> Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    >> Pretty kewl too <g>! I haven't square danced in years - I was pretty
    >> good in the '70's :)

    > And now you're in your 80's?!

    Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2007
  10. philo

    deno Guest

    philo wrote:
    > My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him anything...
    > now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >
    > Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really* famous
    > in a restaurant.
    >
    > My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    > meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >
    > The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >
    > I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    > would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >
    > Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >
    > Who knows?

    I have a connected aunt and uncle who adopted a 1yr old baby girl
    30 some years ago, not finding themselves satisfied with 3 boys. I
    remember there being some behind the scenes stuff going on because
    there were several applications for this particular baby and the
    records of everything were hidden in a special way. No one would
    ever know the real mother. At 12 the child went whacko, started
    using drugs, joined a satanic cult, accused anyone and everyone of
    molesting her, escaped three times from the most violent ward of
    the state mental hospital before she was 16, had several different
    children by several different men until she was forced to get
    spayed, and also went on a mission to find her real mother. Well,
    she found her. A street junkie still hooking on the streets of
    Seattle. They lived on the streets together for a time. Talk about
    kindred! Whoa, spooky.

    deno, Aug 27, 2007
  11. deno wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him
    >> anything...
    >> now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>
    >> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really*
    >> famous
    >> in a restaurant.
    >>
    >> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>
    >> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >>
    >> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>
    >> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>
    >> Who knows?

    > I have a connected aunt and uncle

    I know some conjoined twins that adopted a circus midget, but things
    seemed to go astray. I think it was the male tiger that tore them apart.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2007
  12. philo

    who'sthat Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:18:04 -0500, deno
    <> wrote:

    >philo wrote:
    >> My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him anything...
    >> now I just recalled something...but only partially.
    >>
    >> Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really* famous
    >> in a restaurant.
    >>
    >> My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    >> meal...could I have your autograph please?"
    >>
    >> The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."
    >>
    >> I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    >> would have done had the situation been reversed.
    >>
    >> Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .
    >>
    >> Who knows?
    >>

    >I have a connected aunt and uncle who adopted a 1yr old baby girl
    >30 some years ago, not finding themselves satisfied with 3 boys. I
    >remember there being some behind the scenes stuff going on because
    >there were several applications for this particular baby and the
    >records of everything were hidden in a special way. No one would
    >ever know the real mother. At 12 the child went whacko, started
    >using drugs, joined a satanic cult, accused anyone and everyone of
    >molesting her, escaped three times from the most violent ward of
    >the state mental hospital before she was 16, had several different
    >children by several different men until she was forced to get
    >spayed, and also went on a mission to find her real mother. Well,
    >she found her. A street junkie still hooking on the streets of
    >Seattle. They lived on the streets together for a time. Talk about
    >kindred! Whoa, spooky.

    And here they are today
    http://i8.tinypic.com/24xosav.jpg

    who'sthat, Aug 27, 2007
  13. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "eoiajvoeijn" <> wrote in message

    >>> Pretty kewl too <g>! I haven't square danced in years - I was pretty
    >>> good in the '70's :)

    >> And now you're in your 80's?!

    Getting close. Or at least it feels like it!

    > Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    <g> okay - whatever :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007
  14. On 2007-08-27, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Rôgêr waxed eloquently:

    > Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    Those aren't lace pants, they're Depends...

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2007
  15. philo

    Top Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > On 2007-08-27, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Rôgêr waxed eloquently:
    >>
    >> Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    > Those aren't lace pants, they're Depends...

    And we hope they're tight!!

    Top

    Top, Aug 30, 2007
  16. On 2007-08-30, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Top waxed eloquently:
    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-08-27, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Rôgêr waxed eloquently:
    >>>
    >>> Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    >> Those aren't lace pants, they're Depends...
    >>

    > And we hope they're tight!!

    Gawd, yes! Don't want any leakage, ya' know..

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2007