    browser
    problem but doesn't say how.
    Thanks in advance.
    lisa, Sep 30, 2003

  2. lisa

    Bigjon Guest

    lisa declared:

    > What's the proper way to de-register .dll's?
    > Norton tells me to do this for a hi-jacked
    > browser
    > problem but doesn't say how.
    > Thanks in advance.

    To manually UNregister a DLL or OCX file under windows, drop to a command
    prompt:
    START--> run
    type:
    CMD
    return
    and type:
    regsvr32.exe /u (filename).dll
    return

    If all else fails, or you are unsure about the command line, there is a
    nice little script here that will give you an interface with regsvr32 and
    allow you to register/unregister DLL files with point & Click.
    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1422

    --
    You can't have it all -
    Where would you put it ?