  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    which would be a better option , speed wise.
    jeff, Oct 23, 2005

  2. jeff

    why? Guest

    why?, Oct 23, 2005

  3. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:57:16 GMT, why?

    >On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:37:17 GMT, jeff wrote:
    >
    >>which would be a better option , speed wise.

    >Say DDR is version 1 , and DDR2 is go faster version 2.
    >
    >The better option would be those that match your existing memory, the
    >type that your motherboard can use.
    >
    >Avoiding the G word, try
    >http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/dram_memory.asp
    >http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDR_SDRAM.html
    >http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDR2_SDRAM.html
    >

    >Me

    im getting the intel retail employee deal. 820d + mobo + xppro for
    $215.

    the board only accepts DDR2, haven't checked if its possible for Dual
    Channel.

    I don't need to know the differnece between DDR and DDR2, im wondering
    about Dual Channel, and if its available for DDR2.

    thank you
    jeff, Oct 23, 2005
  4. jeff

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:15:21 GMT, jeff wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:57:16 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:37:17 GMT, jeff wrote:
    >>
    >>>which would be a better option , speed wise.

    >>Say DDR is version 1 , and DDR2 is go faster version 2.
    >>
    >>The better option would be those that match your existing memory, the
    >>type that your motherboard can use.

    <snip>
    >>Me

    >im getting the intel retail employee deal. 820d + mobo + xppro for
    >$215.

    Well you would know the mobo type and chipset,you didn't mention it,
    it's important. There is more chance it's dual channel if you have to
    install RAM in matched pairs.

    >the board only accepts DDR2, haven't checked if its possible for Dual
    >Channel.

    Not knowing the mobo / chipset doesn't help as there is DDR2 Dual
    Channel , a lot of it in fact. Various types listed
    http://www.directron.com/dual2kit.html

    The dual channel feature is built into a lot of motherboards.

    Also try
    http://www.crucial.com/
    http://www.kingston.com/

    They have memory selector guides and Crucial has a utility that may be
    able to scan the system and tell you what's available.

    >I don't need to know the differnece between DDR and DDR2, im wondering
    >about Dual Channel, and if its available for DDR2.

    Ah , that wasn't clear.

    >thank you

    Me
    why?, Oct 23, 2005