ddl/systemfile software?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by miss calm, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    From time to time one may mistakenly delete a system file or dll. I just
    wondered if anyone has come up with a freeware program that contains a
    library of such files?
    thanks.

    miss calm, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Thorkild Dalsgaard, Feb 9, 2004

  3. miss calm

    °Mike° Guest

    If it's a system file, use the system file checker to extract
    one file only.

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:33:02 -0000, in
    <c08jku$5pq$>
    miss calm scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004
  4. miss calm

    Budweiser Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > From time to time one may mistakenly delete a system file or dll. I just
    > wondered if anyone has come up with a freeware program that contains a
    > library of such files?
    > thanks.

    A reasonable selection can be found here
    http://dll.yaroslavl.ru/
    more comprehensive but Windows o/s based
    http://www.windll.com/
    and for those harder to find ones--a search engine
    http://www.dynamiclink.nl/search/search.html

    Budweiser, Feb 10, 2004
  5. miss calm

    Plato Guest

    miss calm wrote:

    > From time to time one may mistakenly delete a system file or dll. I just
    > wondered if anyone has come up with a freeware program that contains a
    > library of such files?
    > thanks.

    Just restore it from the recycle bin.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 10, 2004
  6. miss calm

    Unknown Guest

    You can compare files by start---run-- type in SFC /SCANNOW Note space
    after C before /.

    Unknown, Feb 10, 2004