    I am trying to import live stock market data.

    Thanks

    James

    James, Dec 6, 2003

  2. James

    Duane Arnold Guest

    James <> wrote in news:Xns94496968DF5ACjamesquilliannet@
    24.28.95.158:

    > Can anyone tell me the mechanics of setting a DDE Link to EXCEL?
    >
    > I am trying to import live stock market data.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > James

    You can take that part*DDE Link to EXCEL?* and enter it into a Google
    search line. And you will get plenty of hits on the *how to(s)*.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 6, 2003

  3. James

    George Guest

    You might want to rethink how you intend to do that. About four years ago I
    was doing some development work and had some problems using DDE w/Excel and
    had something like 15 support calls to MS...nothing they suggested worked
    the way it was supposed to...last support call, the MS support person
    referred to DDE as a "junk technology" and MS did abandon it first in favor
    of COM objects and later .NET.

    I don't know what you intend to do, but in my application, I did have DDE
    w/Excel working fine as a push-button macro but could never get it to work
    as an autoexecute macro.

    George, Dec 8, 2003