    P.S. I'm a Cisco guy not MS

    Regards
    Ayanda
    Nyerere, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Nyerere

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    Nyerere wrote:
    > Guys,
    >
    > I changed an SB Server 2003 from company1.local to company2.local
    > using DCPROMO and now I can no longer use Server Manager Console. Any
    > reason for this or what can I do to re-install only SM?
    >
    > P.S. I'm a Cisco guy not MS
    >
    > Regards
    > Ayanda

    Then why not post this question in SBS NG?
    Chad Mahoney, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Nyerere <> writes:
    >I changed an SB Server 2003 from company1.local to company2.local
    >using DCPROMO and now I can no longer use Server Manager Console. Any
    >reason for this or what can I do to re-install only SM?

    >P.S. I'm a Cisco guy not MS

    One hint is that not many cisco people are well versed in MS, and vice-versa.

    Very few consultants out there do both well.

    The other is that you shouldn't do anything in SBS without going
    through the wizards from the server manager console, as you'll upset
    the apple cart that is SBS. Don't use any underlying tools, as you'll
    break something hard every time.
    Doug McIntyre, Jun 29, 2007