    have spent many hours on the phone with my ISP tech support with no luck.
    Please keep anyideas as simple to understand as possible as I am not the most
    up to date when it comes to networking.
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0SldyaWdodA==?=, Jun 23, 2005

  2. Check your Windows firewall settings. Maybe it blocks DHCP responses from
    the router.

    Zhong Deng [MSFT], Jun 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0SldyaWdodA==?=

    Clark Guest

    Zhong,
    There have been a lot of folks on this forum having problems with a "it was
    working, now it isn't" type situation. Microsoft needs to address this so
    someone will know what is causing it! What is breaking the wireless
    networks, was it a change to the WPA security, was it a particular setting
    in the Windows firewall, was it a hotfix?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 23, 2005
  4. I am getting the same problem and cannot figure it out. My ISP sent me a new
    host port, but that doesn't fix it? Help!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBNLg==?=, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Thanks for everyones suggestions, the problem was a simple fix. Apprently
    this problem occurs when the Service 2 pack is installed. Here's what I did
    to fix, after setting up the wireless network as I did originally, I saved
    changes and shut down computer. Then I powered off the router, turned back on
    the computer and the router. Problem solved. Apparently it only obtains the
    IP addresses on an initial start-up. Such a simple fix after spending
    numerous hours on the phone with tech support people.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0SldyaWdodA==?=, Jun 23, 2005
  6. I tried doing the shut down of router, dsl modem, laptops and desktops, where
    then sequentially restarted all devices and still cannot get the DHCP
    services to wireless laptops. True, MS needs to resolve this debacle that has
    been cauded by SP2. I still believe that DHCP from the routers and Windows
    DHCP servcies are conflciting with Windows on ICS, Security Center against
    third party firewalls, and DHCP servies normally found in today's routers.
    --
    moerice

    =?Utf-8?B?bW9lcmljZQ==?=, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?VEhFcmlrc2Vu?=, Dec 11, 2005