DC Movies, is this for real

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by riff, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. riff

    riff Guest

    riff, Jul 22, 2004

  2. riff

    Gordon Smith Guest

    "riff" <> wrote in message
    news:HZPLc.9910$...
    > http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
    > Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?
    > cheers
    > Riff

    hmm... and registered to a Christchurch company - Uroxa Ltd
    Domain has been registered since Apr 2003

    Notice that they don't say that they hold the content... only that the
    software can download files...
    Gordon Smith, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Re: DC Movies, is this for real = no

    riff wrote:
    > http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
    > Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?

    Ahh the old it's too good to be true routine.

    Also note that the number of movies listed in the left hand side is hard
    coded into the web page, rather than be displayed dynamically.

    So any time the number of movies available would change, the webmaster would
    have to recode each page and type the new number in.

    Plus the box says download hundreds of movies, yet they claim over *43
    million* movies are available for download ! Even on their home page they
    claim *1,000,000s of downloads*

    = this is a rip off site.

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy."
    Waylon Smithers, Jul 22, 2004
  4. riff

    cowboyz Guest

    Gordon Smith wrote:
    > "riff" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
    >> Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?
    >> cheers
    >> Riff
    >>

    > hmm... and registered to a Christchurch company - Uroxa Ltd
    > Domain has been registered since Apr 2003
    >
    > Notice that they don't say that they hold the content... only that the
    > software can download files...

    They must be all above board. Just check out the first FAQ:

    Q: Do you have good customer service?
    A: Yes we have excellent Customer Service.

    They wouldn't lie would they?

    I wonder how many who shell out for this program also find themselves with
    extremely large Internet bills?
    cowboyz, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Re: DC Movies, is this for real = no

    In article <cdpbo5$4sq$>,
    . says...
    > riff wrote:
    > > http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
    > > Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?

    > Ahh the old it's too good to be true routine.
    >
    > Also note that the number of movies listed in the left hand side is hard
    > coded into the web page, rather than be displayed dynamically.

    How do you know thisd?

    If it is generated by a server side script then it will appear as a hard
    coded number in HTML.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 23, 2004
  6. riff

    Tippi Guest