    drafts folder. My actual Outlook Express ver 6 is working fine and I do not
    have any problems opening up the contents of any of the folders. What do you
    think ? Later, Paramour

    parmour, Jan 27, 2004

  2. parmour

    °Mike° Guest

    You don't open the .dbx file directly. You need to import
    it through 'File / Import / Messages / OE 6'.

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:09:34 GMT, in
    <yLjRb.26927$>
    parmour scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 27, 2004

  3. parmour

    Richard Guest

    parmour wrote:

    > Hello, My first post did not make any sense. I accidentally deleted my
    > drafts folder in Outlook Express 6. I have a backup that has a draft
    > folder in it. When I try to open the backed up folder all that comes up
    > is gibberish. Lots of zero's with an occasional legible word. ( The only
    > program I could get to open it up was wordpad.) It keeps asking me what
    > to open it up with. How can I get the drafts folder back in my outlook
    > express ? What should I do about the DBX file association.?Any ideas I
    > posted a note similar to this one last Friday and the response was delete
    > the DBX file association altogether. I went to folder options and did
    > this. Folder options still comes up when I attempt to open up the backup
    > copy of my drafts folder. My actual Outlook Express ver 6 is working fine
    > and I do not have any problems opening up the contents of any of the
    > folders. What do you think ? Later, Paramour

    DBXTRACT from www.oehelp.com
    Or dbxpress if you prefer.
    Run the program and it will extract the seperate items for you in a flash.
    Save as desired elsewhere.

    Richard, Jan 27, 2004
  4. parmour

    Rifleman Guest

    " parmour" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, My first post did not make any sense. I accidentally deleted my
    > drafts folder in Outlook Express 6.

    Was there anything in the folder? If so why?

    >I have a backup that has a draft folder

    Draft folder will be rebuilt when you re-open OE - its a default folder.

    Rifleman, Jan 27, 2004