    I find the proper color coded pin configurations? I have the 9pin to
    RJ45 end that i purchased from Cisco to use on the router/switch end
    of the cable with the RJ45s in between.
    Howard Huntley, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Howard Huntley

    SPD Guest

    Howard Huntley wrote:

    > I just purchased a DB9 to RJ45 connector to use with my Cisco routers
    > and switches. Well, the pins are not connected in the connector. I
    > want to configure it to connect to the PC 9 pin serial port. Where can
    > I find the proper color coded pin configurations? I have the 9pin to
    > RJ45 end that i purchased from Cisco to use on the router/switch end
    > of the cable with the RJ45s in between.

    Howard:

    A search of Cisco site for their end of the cable and a
    Yahoo or Google search for "PC serial port pinout" will
    show you the correct pin definitions. I think transmit,
    receive and signal ground is all you need.
    SPD, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Howard Huntley wrote:
    > I just purchased a DB9 to RJ45 connector to use with my Cisco routers
    > and switches. Well, the pins are not connected in the connector. I
    > want to configure it to connect to the PC 9 pin serial port. Where can
    > I find the proper color coded pin configurations? I have the 9pin to
    > RJ45 end that i purchased from Cisco to use on the router/switch end
    > of the cable with the RJ45s in between.

    I am using redundant Cisco console cables for a DIY project and
    documented the wiring.
    See my website at: http://www.gpskit.nl/cisco-en.htm

    --
    Joop van der Velden
    Joop van der Velden, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Howard Huntley

    AnyBody43 Guest

    Joop van der Velden <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Howard Huntley wrote:
    > > I just purchased a DB9 to RJ45 connector to use with my Cisco routers
    > > and switches. Well, the pins are not connected in the connector. I
    > > want to configure it to connect to the PC 9 pin serial port. Where can
    > > I find the proper color coded pin configurations? I have the 9pin to
    > > RJ45 end that i purchased from Cisco to use on the router/switch end
    > > of the cable with the RJ45s in between.

    > I am using redundant Cisco console cables for a DIY project and
    > documented the wiring.
    > See my website at: http://www.gpskit.nl/cisco-en.htm

    If you reverse the order of the connections in the RJ45 end
    you will be able to use a standard straight thro' patch cord.
    AnyBody43, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Howard Huntley

    Joe Maimon Guest

    (AnyBody43) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Joop van der Velden <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Howard Huntley wrote:
    > > > I just purchased a DB9 to RJ45 connector to use with my Cisco routers
    > > > and switches. Well, the pins are not connected in the connector. I
    > > > want to configure it to connect to the PC 9 pin serial port. Where can
    > > > I find the proper color coded pin configurations? I have the 9pin to
    > > > RJ45 end that i purchased from Cisco to use on the router/switch end
    > > > of the cable with the RJ45s in between.

    > > I am using redundant Cisco console cables for a DIY project and
    > > documented the wiring.
    > > See my website at: http://www.gpskit.nl/cisco-en.htm

    > If you reverse the order of the connections in the RJ45 end
    > you will be able to use a standard straight thro' patch cord.

    This is wiring diagram we use for the above with adapter assembly
    'kits'
    I use these personally for myself, even though I only give customers
    the standard as per cisco wired ones. They just seem much more
    convenient for console access.

    To connect both ground leads strip a wire insert into hole5 along with
    the red/green(4/5) lead with some bits of solder, wrap other end
    around other lead hold soldering iron to the stripped wire until
    solder in hole5 flows and reforms. A drop or two on the other side and
    you are done.

    Cisco RJ45 to DB9 FEMALE straight - NOT STANDARD
    rj45-1 blue db9-8
    rj45-2 orange db9-6
    rj45-3 black db9-2
    rj45-4 red db9-5
    rj45-5 green db9-5
    rj45-6 yellow db9-3
    rj45-7 brown db9-4
    rj45-8 white db9-7
    Joe Maimon, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Howard Huntley

    warsi

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,
    I am new in this forum.
    Can anybody tell me how to convert PC COMPORT to RJ45?
    I have an RJ45 Adapter which uses usb and PC Com port connection.
    But it does not use any usb as if i connect it to usb end then no sound is played and no device is shown in device manager. Only Power indicater LED turns on...

    I have to use it to program mobile phone ics . I need this type of adapter diagram.

    RJ45 Pins

    1 = Switchable 5V Flash Supply
    2 = TXD (fbus rx)
    3 = RXD (fbus tx)
    4 = RTS
    5 = CTS
    6 = M/C-Bus
    7 = Ground
    8 = Ground

    Please tell me how to make an adapter like that?
    I will use it to connect it to pc comport

    Thanks
    warsi, Dec 10, 2007